U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:45 PM

13,632 posts, read 21,494,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleyrez View Post
Hi there! You know, I think you two will find something, Colorado is a stunning state.... I have to say, i fell in love with the place when we got to here, the high country is amazing! and the air - it actually smells good! people are helpful too. the thing we watched out for when buying (other than having no water rights in a rural area), was the subdivisions, way too many do's and don't when you are paying the bills. if you can handle moving a little bit out of the way, you will not have any dictating how you build or change, your nest....i have a problem with paying due's, when i am the one paying for the fence line!

We are originally from CA....and i have to say, the crime rate is practically non existent in co comparitively, the people seem real nice, the water is better, and the housing prices are fabulous! its a different place, but i think the pro's outweigh the cons - we have cleaner air, cleaner water, nicer neighbors, better schools for the rug rats, and not to be rude, but the $$ go further too. I could not buy an outhouse (well maybe an outhouse) in a nice area in the Bay Area for under 450k, the bay area smells like oily smog, has high crime, rude people and everyone is so frantic! i've lived there all my life, and i am so happy to be gone! plus, at least my kids in Co have a fighting chance of having a decent education. end of rant! but i hope you get to enjoy Co more next time, i think its a lovely place to live.
Funny you mention the Bay Area. I was out there before the Dot Com crashed and that area as well as the Silicon Valley were very proud of their cost of living. I was out there for a three week training to learn how to service, install, operate and transport the wonderous Excimer Laser used to do PRK, RK, and LASIK from the manufacturer of that laser on Central Expressway. The going rate for a hotel there was no less than $160.00/night. I remember hanging out at a park during my lunch break one afternoon. This street person came up to me and asked me for some change. I obliged the fellow with a 5 dollar bill and he told me it wasn't enough. I said that he should be able to go to one of the Chinese restaurants and get himself some soup or a new pair of socks. He told me that his $70K salary just wasn't cutting the mustard! The poor guy! I wonder if he migrated to Colorado as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 AM

3,029 posts, read 10,446,196 times
Thanks to all the help with relo....the Csprings job isn't ours!

Still in for the FT collins one though. I want so bad to come "home!!" keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Thnx again for all hte help!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:22 AM

17 posts, read 71,606 times
We're still waiting on the contract to be approved for my husband's job. It may not be until October now. That gives us more time, so that's good. We can get out to COS a couple of more times by then to check out more houses!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,417 times
Default Lots of Positive Vibes!

Reading the thread on Colorado Springs helped validate that I made the right decision! I just purchased a home today in Fox Run on a 1/2 acre wooded lot. I just retired from the Navy in San Diego 8 months ago (was stationed there for 8 years) and had been toying with relocating for the past year and 1/2 to cash-in on my little bungalow, find a better school system for my daughter and get a little closer to my family in Chicago.
I will miss the weather in San Diego but SC sure sounds better than Chicago! I don't think I've lost my driving in snow skills but we'll see...
We're here right now on our third and final real estate search trip and it's the first time with no snow - my daughter is VERY disappointed!
Does anyone live in Fox Run area? I love the idea of being able to walk to Fox Run park! I also seriously considered an older home in PineCliff area off Pope Valley road but decided to go for the newer home with the bigger lot... I just hope I made the right decision... any additonal info on the area would be great!
thanks Jeanne

Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 AM

26,346 posts, read 80,765,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannen View Post
Does anyone live in Fox Run area? I love the idea of being able to walk to Fox Run park!
I live near Roller Coaster and Highway 105, about two miles northeast of you.

In Fall, consider signing up your daughter for soccer. They play and practice at Fox Run Park. I will be coaching and/or assistant coaching U6G and U8G. Contact Rush Pikes Peak Soccer:

http://www.rushpikespeak.com

Check out Patriot Lacrosse:

Patriot Lacrosse

Two Swim Teams:

Woodmoor Waves

:: Falfin Swimming - Welcome to our site ::

Not sure when you are moving in. During summer you can send your daughter to camp at Tri-Lakes YMCA. I think you get the most bang for the buck. Both of my older daughters get mad if we pick them up any earlier than 6PM. The camp counselors are these really wholesome high school kids from the area. The kids go on field trips twice a week.

Last edited by Charles; 06-23-2007 at 06:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs