Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:24 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,887,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Please forgive a very general type of question, but what do apartment dwellers typically do if they have two vehicles and only one parking spot?
Park the "general parking area", where guests also park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM

42 posts, read 78,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningstar523 View Post
Wow those are beautiful pics! Thanks . How far is Rocky Mtn Nat Park?
Like they said, right around 2 hrs or so... not a bad drive at all I was also going to tell you when you do move out here be sure to drink lots and lots of water or you will get headaches until you get used to the altitude

Old 10-07-2009, 02:58 PM

15 posts, read 30,547 times
water ok lol i drink it constantly anyway so that shouldn't be a prob

thanks for the replies.... crunch time now...keeping up w/work, a wedding i'm in this weekend and this move closing in on me...

Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningstar523 View Post
Wow those are beautiful pics! Thanks . How far is Rocky Mtn Nat Park?
About 2 hours away and soooo worth visiting. I go there every month or so

Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM

51 posts, read 171,815 times
I am of no help recommending any apartments, but I can tell you where NOT to rent from. Weidner is an owner of several apartment communities in the area. Do not rent from them. I live in a community owned by them that is "aesthetically nice" but that's where it ends. Just a heads up

Old 10-08-2009, 02:19 PM

14 posts, read 87,112 times
I would like to echo Windtree ... it is a GREAT place to live, and I am incredibly picky about apartments. Highly recommend it.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:31 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Look up these apartments

- The Ridge at Rockrimmon
- Whispering Hills
- Grand Centennial
- Eagle Ridge
- Centerpointe at Rockrimmon
- Sunset Creek
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,914,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxgurl View Post
I am of no help recommending any apartments, but I can tell you where NOT to rent from. Weidner is an owner of several apartment communities in the area. Do not rent from them. I live in a community owned by them that is "aesthetically nice" but that's where it ends. Just a heads up
Funny that, Windtree is a Weidner property. I've been here just over 4 months and they are fine. I've only had the normal maintanence issues like my washer but that requires a new part and it works otherwise (just no cold only water). They've been quick to get to other small things I needed.

My neighbors (other than the dog poop and I do clean up my dog's poop) are very nice, in the summer you'll get people on their patios kinda late but that's expected in any complex. Then there's the eccentric old man Ed. Oh my. He's got a few marbles loose but between me and my upstairs neighbor, he stays away from our building.

I really like their employees here and even when I was looking at their property on Austin Bluffs, the guy who I was in contact with was very nice and sounded happy I had found a place though it wasn't on the property he leases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copygirl View Post
I would like to echo Windtree ... it is a GREAT place to live, and I am incredibly picky about apartments. Highly recommend it.
Having gone from a three bedroom house with a two car garage, corner lot in a very quiet 'hood in Briargate, yes, I am glad I moved here. It's transitional housing for me and I had forgotten what multiple family housing was like. I still prefer to have a garage, a yard for the dog and even my own lawn to mow and sidewalk to shovel but I'm a satisfied tenant thus far.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:56 AM

44 posts, read 99,995 times
Check out who owns the property you are planning to rent then come here and ask us. There are two people in the Springs you should run far away from-Terry Regan and Doug Bruce.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:06 PM

51 posts, read 171,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
Funny that, Windtree is a Weidner property. I've been here just over 4 months and they are fine. I've only had the normal maintanence issues like my washer but that requires a new part and it works otherwise (just no cold only water). They've been quick to get to other small things I needed.

My neighbors (other than the dog poop and I do clean up my dog's poop) are very nice, in the summer you'll get people on their patios kinda late but that's expected in any complex. Then there's the eccentric old man Ed. Oh my. He's got a few marbles loose but between me and my upstairs neighbor, he stays away from our building.

I really like their employees here and even when I was looking at their property on Austin Bluffs, the guy who I was in contact with was very nice and sounded happy I had found a place though it wasn't on the property he leases.

Having gone from a three bedroom house with a two car garage, corner lot in a very quiet 'hood in Briargate, yes, I am glad I moved here. It's transitional housing for me and I had forgotten what multiple family housing was like. I still prefer to have a garage, a yard for the dog and even my own lawn to mow and sidewalk to shovel but I'm a satisfied tenant thus far.
In that case, I should not sterotype all Weidner apts, lol. I'll specify. I live at Grandview Apartments. I'll give you a few examples of what has happened to me.... My neighbors stove wasn't working. She asked the office to fix it. It took them 3 weeks. Unacceptable if that was me. I paid my rent on time, like usual, and I was served with eviction papers. I was blown away! I went straight to the office and told them they need to fix this problem. She called and fixed everything with the courthouse but never even an apology. More like, "eh, it happens all the time". There are fees and costs here that weren't disclosed. I can't wait to buy out my lease and leave!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs