U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM

20 posts, read 63,044 times

Advertisements

I just read in the Colorado Springs Business Journal that Dion's is breaking ground at Powers & Dublin. I'm super excited for this. Being an Albuquerque native, it is a restaurant I must visit when I head to Abq for a weekend. They have great pizza, salad and subs. A good atmosphere too. The article mentions that they intend to open in November. Hopefully they make it here because I will be a frequent visitor.

Colorado Springs Business Journal Ľ Blog Archive Ľ Dionís Pizza shop will break ground next week on Springs store
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 AM

20 posts, read 63,044 times
Userdavey,
Is this place still open? I'm from Albuquerque as well and would love to find a good restaurant with New Mexican food. Its a little out of my way but I would head down there if so. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdavey View Post
I am from Albuquerque (31 years worth) and have been in the Springs for about 9 years.

My stand is that the food in the Springs is not exactly to die for. Until now. I found a tiny little place in Security on Main called Vi's Take Out (719) 391-8257. The place is tiny and the owners lived in Albuquerque for many years. This is the only place in town that has anything close to the red chile I was used to in Albuquerque. And this stuff is to die for. Like red chile should be. Anyone from Abq will know what I mean.

I do not mean to advertise on here, but rather to provide a service to anyone that wants seriously good food. I just tried it today and aim to go back for a burger as the owner said that the burgers are pretty much their main thing. They have an open face burger smothered in chile and cheese that looks like it is straight from heaven.

They have an article from the Gazette on the wall and it's a great review. Whether or not you like it, the chile there is exactly what you find all over Albuquerque. Awesome!

Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM

215 posts, read 631,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcartmel View Post
I just read in the Colorado Springs Business Journal that Dion's is breaking ground at Powers & Dublin. I'm super excited for this. Being an Albuquerque native, it is a restaurant I must visit when I head to Abq for a weekend. They have great pizza, salad and subs. A good atmosphere too. The article mentions that they intend to open in November. Hopefully they make it here because I will be a frequent visitor.

Colorado Springs Business Journal Ľ Blog Archive Ľ Dionís Pizza shop will break ground next week on Springs store
Also saw this a few weeks ago in the Gazette. Retail development ramping up at Powers-Dublin intersection | powers, become, shopping - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Just wanted to comment about the eating at chain restaurants. I do appreciate restaurant variety and non-chain restaurants, but sometimes familiarity, kid friendly, and diet conscious makes you go to the chain more often than the others. The bigger chains will at least have the nutrition available and ingredients to know somewhat of calories you are eating. Advertising to the kids - they want Red Robin or whatever.

Anyway I look forward to the new development in this area.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:09 PM

5,012 posts, read 6,705,322 times
I really like Carlos Miguel's for Mexican - great service. I've only been to the one on Cheyenne Mtn. Blvd. but I do highly recommend it.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 AM

153 posts, read 214,651 times
Default Tucanos Brazilian Grill

I was really looking forward to chowing down at the new Tucanos Brazilian Grill, off Powers, but what a disappointment. I can't speak to the quality of the menu or the food, since we walked out after enduring about five minutes of the ear-splitting noise inside this place. The acoustics are terrible, blaring music and just way too much noise to enjoy anything that might resemble a good meal. When the waitress came by to explain the menu, and I couldn't make out a word she was saying...I knew it was time to go. BTW, we asked to be seated in the "quite section".

If you’re a teenager who drives around town with the windows rolled down and the music/bass on full-blast, making all the houses you pass by rattle, then you’ll really like this place...yum.

Last edited by YoYoSpin; 06-01-2012 at 10:15 AM..

Old 06-01-2012, 01:03 PM

20,344 posts, read 37,868,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
I was really looking forward to chowing down at the new Tucanos Brazilian Grill, off Powers, but what a disappointment. I can't speak to the quality of the menu or the food, since we walked out after enduring about five minutes of the ear-splitting noise inside this place. The acoustics are terrible, blaring music and just way too much noise to enjoy anything that might resemble a good meal. When the waitress came by to explain the menu, and I couldn't make out a word she was saying...I knew it was time to go. BTW, we asked to be seated in the "quite section".

If youíre a teenager who drives around town with the windows rolled down and the music/bass on full-blast, making all the houses you pass by rattle, then youíll really like this place...yum.
BTDT at other places over the years.

It's not the least bit enjoyable when the noise is so overwhelming you can't even talk to your wife w/out shouting.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM

215 posts, read 631,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post

If youíre a teenager who drives around town with the windows rolled down and the music/bass on full-blast, making all the houses you pass by rattle, then youíll really like this place...yum.
Okay so we tried this place. It is loud and a crowded feeling. They do have patio seating that looked a little more appealing even if the weather is chilly, I think it had heaters and covered. I felt confused on what I was eating or what I should order. The salad bar was awesome though! If I go back I will just get the salad bar and maybe a skewer of meat or shrimp.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,987,090 times
My wife and I will be staying at a B&B in Chipita Park in July and have dinner reservations at the Craftwood Inn In Manitou Springs. Has anyone eaten there? Are we in for a good meal? Thanks!

Old 06-06-2012, 08:08 AM

553 posts, read 1,416,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
My wife and I will be staying at a B&B in Chipita Park in July and have dinner reservations at the Craftwood Inn In Manitou Springs. Has anyone eaten there? Are we in for a good meal? Thanks!
You're not in for a good meal; you're in for an outstanding meal. The Craftwood is well known for Colorado cuisine. They have dishes like wild boar, deer, and elk, and all are very, very good. Sure, there's chicken and beef and such on the menu, but be adventurous. You won't regret it.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,987,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
You're not in for a good meal; you're in for an outstanding meal. The Craftwood is well known for Colorado cuisine. They have dishes like wild boar, deer, and elk, and all are very, very good. Sure, there's chicken and beef and such on the menu, but be adventurous. You won't regret it.
Thanks Maynerd. We informed our children that on this vacation we will begin spending thier inheritence. First class all the way for this 3 week trip. Santa Cruz--Manitou Springs and Branson Missouri!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs