U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 05:13 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,512,833 times

Advertisements

Bistro de Pinto downtown is very nice. It's not cheap, but quality and presentation are both very well-done in a tasteful, intimate space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM

15 posts, read 37,574 times
Default CAJUN RESTAURANT yes or no

are there any in colorado springs, and if not, would people in that area enjoy eating good cajun food, i'm thinking of opening a restaurant there.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 PM

20,304 posts, read 37,790,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
are there any in colorado springs, and if not, would people in that area enjoy eating good cajun food, i'm thinking of opening a restaurant there.
See the first posting in this thread about Culpeper's.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:21 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,977,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
Coozan's was here for a while and closed a few years ago. There's a place up in Briargate that's not bad, Culpepper's Louisiana Kitchen. Should be room in town for another. My late father was from Baton Rouge so I grew up on gumbo, etouffe, blackeyed peas, pork chops & turnips, etc. Just made a pot of gumbo last Sunday! Dad, brother and nephew all LSU alums. Geaux Tigers!

Old 11-20-2007, 04:04 PM

4 posts, read 10,217 times
For pizza I realy like Borriello Brothers. I have eaten at two locations. They both were great! 215 E Platte witch is near dowtown. and 4750 Barnes rd. witch is near Austin bluffs on the north side of town.

Dean
[ moderator cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-20-2007 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: realtor advertising

Old 11-21-2007, 08:45 AM

268 posts, read 1,020,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
Geaux Tigers!
Eh, go Razorbacks?

Probably not this Friday. #1 versus non-ranked. I'll still watch, though. Enjoy the boot.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Casa Diego in Monument

Hey gang, here's one we found last night. Not sure how new it is, but we thought the food was really good.

Casa Diego is in Monument. Take I-25 north, exit at Hwy 105, then go right - away from Monument. Go past first light at Jackson Creek, then turn right at second right which is Knollwood, you'll see Casa Diego on the right in a tiny strip mall. Most Saturdays they have a 2-piece combo playing from 6 to 9, nothing loud or brassy, not mariachi music. The other couple we were with know the guitar player, seems he's from Cuba, he came over to our table and sang a melodious ballad for our lady friend.

Food was excellent and very affordable, a really neat place. I loved the Chili Relleno plate, better than any I've had in years, bright flavors. Friendly staff that you can kid around with, a really good time. Big roomy booths seat six full sized adults without crowding. Not a single disappointment the whole time we were there. Right now they've a 12-foot xmas tree in the lobby, topped with a sombrero and a full sized Santa that awed the kids who came in. The place has a large menu of dishes, and numerous margarita choices.

Anyone else been there?

s/Mike

Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM

4,308 posts, read 11,464,879 times
Having been to COS just once I don't know how new it is but I was impressed by Gertrude's on W Colorado Ave. Great food, good service and a cosy, comfortable atmosphere.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Spicy Pickle

Just opened, in the King Soopers center at Union and Briargate, across from the new Memorial Hospital North.

Went today for the first time. LIKED IT! Will return.

Panini sandwiches, soups, salads, subs. Custom made sandwiches.

Far nicer than Subway or Quizno's. Not at all fancy like Panera. No bakery or pastry counter or gourmet coffee. Starbucks is two doors down. Mr. Smoothie is next door.

No selfish ninnies taking up a whole table for 4 at lunchtime, by themselves, to use their silly laptop. I hate that at Panera.

The bread on our Panini was marvelous, light but firmly textured without being tough like the stuff at Panera. Great flavor. The corn and green chili soup had a perfect zing to it.

No doubt a chain, but darned good stuff. Eat in or carry out.

s/Mike

Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM

1,765 posts, read 1,977,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal View Post
Eh, go Razorbacks?

Probably not this Friday. #1 versus non-ranked. I'll still watch, though. Enjoy the boot.
BTW, I forgot to say congrats postal. LSU was celebrating too early after their last score in regulation. I think that really motivated the hogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs