Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 02:59 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

Today we went to a new place called OVER EASY and loved it. They do breakfast and lunch only and you can get breakfast all day. Some might find it a bit pricey but the servings are large, the food was excellent and we'll be going back.

We went to the one at University Village on N. Nevada; it's very near to Hacienda Colorado. There is a downtown location that also has meeting rooms.

Place was packed on a Monday at lunch, not that huge, could've been larger and a bit loud as it has no sound deadening.

Mimosas, Bloody Mary's and some smoothies with an optional shot of vodka.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 PM

224 posts, read 732,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Today we went to a new place called OVER EASY and loved it. They do breakfast and lunch only and you can get breakfast all day. Some might find it a bit pricey but the servings are large, the food was excellent and we'll be going back.

We went to the one at University Village on N. Nevada; it's very near to Hacienda Colorado. There is a downtown location that also has meeting rooms.

Place was packed on a Monday at lunch, not that huge, could've been larger and a bit loud as it has no sound deadening.

Mimosas, Bloody Mary's and some smoothies with an optional shot of vodka.
I tried it for breakfast about a month ago, with high expectations and I was really really disappointed. Cold food, well it was slightly warm. And it took a long time to come out. I just wasn't impressed with the meals we ordered. When I complained, I got an "I'm sorry" but that was it! We may give it another try but not if I have to wait.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:23 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,518,651 times
I ate there and aside from the very noisy, crowded atmosphere, our food was quite good.

Old 07-31-2014, 01:01 PM

727 posts, read 1,366,178 times
Try the original Over Easy downtown location (the old Slayton's). Much less noisy and less crowded now that they've recently started using the restaurant next door, Sonterra, which is under the same ownership, for overflow. The UV location has been packed since the day they opened and I think the kitchen is still a bit overwhelmed, at least that was our impression when we ate there a few weeks ago.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:01 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,959 times
While it is not new, it is relatively new to its location downtown. I took my mom to Coquette's Bistro and Bakery and really loved the food. It was so delicious to enjoy fried chicken and calamari and some delicious bacon and artichoke dip with gluten free pita bread. For dessert I had a delicious eclair. So delicious and I honestly can't remember the last time I had an eclair. So delicious. Even if you aren't gluten free this is a great little spot. They have patio/sidewalk seating. To drink I had lemonade with crushed strawberries, my mom had lemonade with crushed mint. So so so good. Enjoy fellow city data peeps.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:55 PM

Well, on the other side of this coin, the TFI Friday's on Woodmen at I-25 recently closed.

There may be a replacement eatery called the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery, a sports bar, that takes over the space.

I wonder if all the new eateries in the University Village area cut into Friday's sales to the extent the parent company pulled the plug.

There's a lot of similarity between the menus of Fridays and the Tilted Kilt....

Old 08-18-2014, 10:11 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

There may be a replacement eatery called the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery, a sports bar, that takes over the space.

Allow me to barf. But hey, if taking your family to this wholesome restaurant is your kind of family values and keeps you away from respectable places, than knock yourself out. Keeps me from being seated next to a table full of Tap Out and Affliction clad bros.

Seriously, it's disgusting. I have more respect for someone who goes to a strip club.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:12 AM

553 posts, read 1,635,955 times
On the opposite side of the coin from Tilted Kilt.......

The Broadmoor recently opened up Restaurante Del Lago at Broadmoor West. Tuscan-style Italian. It's pricey (it's the Broadmoor), but it made for a very nice dinner. The front part of the restaurant has tabletop-to-ceiling windows, that can be fully opened up and pulled back, so it's almost like eating outside alongside the lake. It's a nice addition to the already-impressive dining options at the Broadmoor.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
Allow me to barf. But hey, if taking your family to this wholesome restaurant is your kind of family values and keeps you away from respectable places, than knock yourself out. Keeps me from being seated next to a table full of Tap Out and Affliction clad bros.

Seriously, it's disgusting. I have more respect for someone who goes to a strip club.
I'm with you on that. I went to a Hooter's once in the mid 1980s to see what it was all about, haven't been to one since. Ironically there's a Hooter's next to the location that Friday's just vacated. It would suit me fine if both places went away and we got something really neat in there like La Madeleine or Au Bon Pain.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:37 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,964 times
Lol I just clicked on the link for the Tilted Kilt...

I was thinking it was going to be some soul less take on an Irish pub for those that don't like to stray from the plastic chain restaurant experience. Well I guess it is a chain experience just a little more silicon than plastic...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs