U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 10:05 AM

1,456 posts, read 2,096,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogon View Post
Looking for Colorado Springs Mexican restaurant that serves New Mexico style Mexican. Most places I've found are either (sort of) TexMex or Guadalajara style. I know I could drive Pueblo and find 8000 such places , but what do folks recommend in the Springs?
La Rosa in Palmer Lake serves New Mexican, though I have not found it to be much like the New Mexican food I know from the Santa Fe area. You might give it a try though - cute little place. La Rosa Southwestern Dining ‹ it's all about the chile!

Oh, and there is also Doug's Breakfast Lunch. Seems more like Albuquerque type diner food to me.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._Colorado.html

Last edited by beezle1; 06-06-2015 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: Add additional info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 03:13 PM

10 posts, read 8,436 times
Thumbs up Manna is GREAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
I saw a thing on the news about the Manna restaurant in the hospital in Castle Rock last night. Its supposed to be really good, cheap prices, no tipping, and not at all like hospital food. Anyone been?

https://www.castlerockhospital.org/u...%20%282%29.pdf

I've been to Manna several times and it is awesome! If you were blindfolded you would think you were at a gourmet restaurant. I highly recommend it. My favorite is the soup trio. I told the chef that I would marry him if he made soup for me every night!

Seriously though, the food is amazing. No booze though.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:21 PM

553 posts, read 1,419,142 times
Last night, the Broadmoor opened up a new restaurant, Restaurant 1858 at Seven Falls. It's very nice (as you'd expect any Broadmoor restaurant to be).

Seven Falls has been closed for two years, after getting destroyed by flooding. The Broadmoor bought the property, and invested a lot of money in it. Gone are the rubber tomahawks in the gift shop. Gone are the colored lights. Gone is the traffic. It's much less kitchy than it used to be, and has a certain class to it that Seven Falls never used to have.

You park near the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor itself. They have shuttle busses running to take you to the Falls. There's a $14 admission fee. They're recommending spending a little time in the canyon, rather than just going to enjoy the restaurant. As such, casual dress is more than welcome in the restaurant.

My wife had a mixed Colorado grill, that was outstanding, particularly the venison sausage. They make trout about six different ways. I had trout with a bourbon glaze.

It's a little pricey, particularly when you factor in the admission fee. [It IS the Broadmoor.] But still, with drinks and wine, a shared appetizer and two desserts, we got out for under $200 (counting the admission fee).

Another nice addition to dining options in the Springs.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:45 PM

12 posts, read 6,691 times
Wished Red, Hot, & Blue BBQ did not go out of business. Was a great place for BBQ.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:13 PM

5,026 posts, read 6,731,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
Last night, the Broadmoor opened up a new restaurant, Restaurant 1858 at Seven Falls. It's very nice (as you'd expect any Broadmoor restaurant to be).

Seven Falls has been closed for two years, after getting destroyed by flooding. The Broadmoor bought the property, and invested a lot of money in it. Gone are the rubber tomahawks in the gift shop. Gone are the colored lights. Gone is the traffic. It's much less kitchy than it used to be, and has a certain class to it that Seven Falls never used to have.

You park near the Golden Bee at the Broadmoor itself. They have shuttle busses running to take you to the Falls. There's a $14 admission fee. They're recommending spending a little time in the canyon, rather than just going to enjoy the restaurant. As such, casual dress is more than welcome in the restaurant.

My wife had a mixed Colorado grill, that was outstanding, particularly the venison sausage. They make trout about six different ways. I had trout with a bourbon glaze.

It's a little pricey, particularly when you factor in the admission fee. [It IS the Broadmoor.] But still, with drinks and wine, a shared appetizer and two desserts, we got out for under $200 (counting the admission fee).

Another nice addition to dining options in the Springs.
That sounds expensive but I realize it is not clear from your post how many drinks there were, how many people involved. Can you give an idea of prices on the menu for food (not drinks)?

Old 08-15-2015, 03:25 PM

20,378 posts, read 37,934,905 times
Dinner menu for 1858

Main page for this place is here, menu's are listed near the bottom of the paragraph.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:26 PM

12,912 posts, read 10,862,798 times
Default Vegan restaurant review! S 8th St.

The vegetable protein is actually chewy like meat, very tasty...get the $8 Cheesy Burritos...
and some open faced Sloppy something for $9...way more filling, btw.
The Messy Sloppy on a gluten free round bun very good.
Tortilla pie...um..more like a bowl of nachos...I suggest not ordering unless you really
like a lot of chips...it is not a 'pie', see.

Imitating Nosh, smaller portions, less food....thus, no big entree plates for $12-15.
Best Bloody Mary for $5-6 (I now know the secret ingredient)....best house Vodka ever,
very smooth ...Royal something...$3 or 3.50 on the rocks!

Generous pours! Music at right volume.

Opens 4- 2am gets busier by 6 pm.

1791 S 8th...corner of Cheyenne Blvd. 'The Burrowing Owl'

Old 08-20-2015, 09:50 PM

5,026 posts, read 6,731,318 times
Wow I work a second job right near there and had no idea - they don't seem to have a lot of business - I wasn't even sure they had opened yet! Maybe its the hours - I'm not out a lot late at night.

Is it a bar scene or would it be suitable for a family dinner?

Old 08-21-2015, 11:21 AM

12,912 posts, read 10,862,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
Wow I work a second job right near there and had no idea - they don't seem to have a lot of business - I wasn't even sure they had opened yet! Maybe its the hours - I'm not out a lot late at night.

Is it a bar scene or would it be suitable for a family dinner?
In the late evenings it would be people at the bar and sitting after dinner...
Family for sure earlier...that Broadmoor /Canyon crowd is pretty 'calm'.

BUT I asked for coffee at 6 pm ...and she said they didn't have any?
WHAT...Not that it wasn't made....didn't have it.
So on purpose when sitting at the bar tonight or a table at 7 pm...I am
going to ask for an Irish coffee and see what happens.

I'm going to try something new again.
Remember they open at 4 pm. At 6 the parking lot was full at their end.
They may have 60 different beers in cans or bottles no draft, just noticed.
Nice bathrooms, too...pink light over the Womens, blue over the Boys.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:42 PM

73 posts, read 161,557 times
Interesting post as most of the springs is all commercial places. Thanks for updating because true family or unique eateries seem severely lacking in this town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs