U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 12:34 PM

215 posts, read 631,829 times

Advertisements

We tried the new restaurant owned by the same as Texas Roadhouse, called Bubba's 33, http://www.bubbas33.com/, on Constitution and Powers. It was decent food and prices. A nice bar, but family atmosphere with lots of TVs. Among all of us we tried wings, onion rings, pizza, shrimp po boy, chicken tenders, French fries, side salad, chocolate shakes and beer. The food was all good. There were a few bumps in service, but it was corrected and our waitress was really nice. We will go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 07:35 AM

666 posts, read 990,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
Ok, this place is legit. (Azada's)

Although they don't have a vegetarian option so to speak, they have the build your own and you just obviously don't get meat.

The tortillas, oh man. Everything is super fresh and downright tasty! It reminded me of Bocaza in Denver. I use to eat there a lot many years ago and have had them a few times in the last couple of years. Azada just might be better, and it sure is closer!
Wifey and I might have an Azada addiction. Last time I went in the guy looked at me and said, "two veggie burritos?"

And it's consistently good. It is so so much better than Chipotle. Next time you want a burrito go there instead.

The tortillas. Oh man.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:39 AM

2,682 posts, read 1,685,777 times
Rumor has it Guy Fieri was in town this week scoping out some possible locations for his Diner, Drive Ins, and Dives show.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM

1,454 posts, read 2,088,299 times
I like Azada too. They will give you samples to try before you order so you can decide what to choose.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:29 AM

5,012 posts, read 6,705,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Rumor has it Guy Fieri was in town this week scoping out some possible locations for his Diner, Drive Ins, and Dives show.
He definitely was here, he did the Manitou Incline according to a post he made on Twitter.

Food Network's Guy Fieri tweets from Manitou Incline

Old 09-11-2015, 08:08 AM

Guess he hit four different spots in addition to the incline, while he was here. I've been to three of the four. Bet they get real busy in coming weeks.

http://www.koaa.com/story/30004847/food-network-star-guy-fieri-gives-local-businesses-boost-during-colorado-springs-visit

Old 09-11-2015, 11:17 PM

420 posts, read 1,012,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allprolab View Post
Wifey and I might have an Azada addiction. Last time I went in the guy looked at me and said, "two veggie burritos?"

And it's consistently good. It is so so much better than Chipotle. Next time you want a burrito go there instead.

The tortillas. Oh man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
I like Azada too. They will give you samples to try before you order so you can decide what to choose.
I also discovered that they do carne asada tacos in addition to burritos. Excellent!

Old 09-25-2015, 08:59 PM

5,012 posts, read 6,705,322 times
Finally got there today - it is very cute. The food was a bit spicy but not bad at all. We didn't try the drinks but they had a lot to choose from. We'll probably go back some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
The vegetable protein is actually chewy like meat, very tasty...get the $8 Cheesy Burritos...
and some open faced Sloppy something for $9...way more filling, btw.
The Messy Sloppy on a gluten free round bun very good.
Tortilla pie...um..more like a bowl of nachos...I suggest not ordering unless you really
like a lot of chips...it is not a 'pie', see.

Imitating Nosh, smaller portions, less food....thus, no big entree plates for $12-15.
Best Bloody Mary for $5-6 (I now know the secret ingredient)....best house Vodka ever,
very smooth ...Royal something...$3 or 3.50 on the rocks!

Generous pours! Music at right volume.

Opens 4- 2am gets busier by 6 pm.

1791 S 8th...corner of Cheyenne Blvd. 'The Burrowing Owl'

Old 10-02-2015, 04:48 PM

They are sorta new but have been here for about a year and are probably not well know among a large % of the population.

Boonzaaijer's Dutch Bakery, 610 Fillmore. Breads, pasteries and other treats. Boonzaaijer's Cakes & Pastries

Not new at all but an off the beaten path, hidden gem of European origin;

Wimbergers Old World Bakery, 2321 Bott Avenue. German breads, meats, and groceries. Again, wonderful home made breads and pasteries with imported meats and cheeses. If you go there and are purchasing from the deli, TAKE A NUMBER! If you want get served and don't want the nice German lady behind the counter ignoring you, you must have that number! Also a great place to brush up on the rusty German speech class from college. Wimberger's | Old World Bakery & Delicatessen

Old 10-02-2015, 04:55 PM

20,344 posts, read 37,861,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
They are sorta new but have been here for about a year and are probably not well know among a large % of the population.

Boonzaaijer's Dutch Bakery, 610 Fillmore. Breads, pasteries and other treats. Boonzaaijer's Cakes & Pastries

Not new at all but an off the beaten path, hidden gem of European origin;

Wimbergers Old World Bakery, 2321 Bott Avenue. German breads, meats, and groceries. Again, wonderful home made breads and pasteries with imported meats and cheeses. If you go there and are purchasing from the deli, TAKE A NUMBER! If you want get served and don't want the nice German lady behind the counter ignoring you, you must have that number! Also a great place to brush up on the rusty German speech class from college. Wimberger's | Old World Bakery & Delicatessen
Boonzaaijer's Dutch Bakery has been around for years, but left their old location up on Centennial for the newer Fillmore location.
They have great stuff and especially their eclairs which I recommend.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs