U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:55 PM

28 posts, read 69,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxLuva View Post
Does anyone know if New South Wales Australian Restaurant is still open? It's off of Corporate Drive by Zio's
Its a goner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 02:00 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,493,738 times
It is NOT a Goner! They are certainly open, I talked to them today.
New South Wales Restaurant
5905 Corporate Drive, 260-6555
Hours: Tuesday through
Sunday, 4:30-9 p.m.

It was closed for a while throughout road construction:
New South Wales : Restaurant puts seafood back in spotlight after COSMIX-induced shutdown : Food : Appetite : Colorado Springs Independent : Colorado Springs

Old 09-26-2008, 02:49 PM

252 posts, read 813,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post

New South Wales : Restaurant puts seafood back in spotlight after COSMIX-induced shutdown : Food : Appetite : Colorado Springs Independent : Colorado Springs
Awesome I really enjoyed eating there, it's a fantastic atmosphere and prices are do-able. I'm glad to hear they are back open again.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 PM

28 posts, read 69,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post

Sweet! My fault. Glad they're back open! I figured they shut the doors when they were doing the road work!

Old 10-01-2008, 02:48 PM

165 posts, read 383,789 times
This thread has been around for a bit but I figured I would add my two cents.
I just got back from 4 days in Manitou Springs setting up my housing and tried to make a point to eat at a different spot every time. Some of them may not fall in the 'new' category but here goes...all of these are in Manitou.

PJ's Bistro- Kind of quasi Eastern-european. First place I wandered into. The Russian peirogis were excellent. Fries were terrible. Reasonably priced. Very good service.

Adam's Mountain Cafe- All organic and cooked to order. Had the asian salad with tofu for lunch. Good if you want an asian salad with tofu I suppose. Their dinner menu looked better. Little pricey. Good service.

Stagecoach Inn- Not bad. Not awesome. Had their signature stuffed steak it was pretty good. Reasonably priced. Good service.

Townhouse Lounge- Bar/restaurant. Went twice due to location. Standard bar burger the first time, had an awesome huevos rancheros there for breakfast the day I left. Very reasonably priced. Excellent service.

Cliff House- Had lunch on the veranda. Seemed pretty overrated. The location and view couldn't be beat. I heard their dinner was better than lunch. Had their so-called signature chicken cordon bleu. Was just OK. Fairly expensive and definitely not worth what I had for lunch. I would try dinner there though. Average service.

Briarhurst Manor Estate- Late dinner the night before I left. Very nice inside. Had the very good lobster bisque and then went with the service-recommended Colorado Elk Filet Mignon done rare and was very very impressed. The prices were a bit high but everything was done perfectly. The food was excellent and the service was even more excellent. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

I don't think I missed anything that I had visited. Like I said just my two cents, I was at these places the last week of September, 2008.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM

I don't know what your occupations is BlueSimple, but you're pretty good at summing up eateries.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:57 PM

2,437 posts, read 7,117,589 times
Is Rock House Ice Cream (in Plamer Lake) in this thread somewhere? It should be. Not exactly high-end but it sure is tasty when you're craving ice cream or frito-chip taco salads.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:59 PM

2,437 posts, read 7,117,589 times
oh, yeah, and B&E Filling Station in Palmer Lake is great too.

Actually, all the little places there on 105 in Palmer Lake are quite good in their own way, except for the Depot, which just not good at all, unfortunately. Mozaic is my fav.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
oh, yeah, and B&E Filling Station in Palmer Lake is great too.

Actually, all the little places there on 105 in Palmer Lake are quite good in their own way, except for the Depot, which just not good at all, unfortunately. Mozaic is my fav.
When you go into Palmer Lake, past the bowling alley and around aways, as you're heading into the town, on your left had side of the road is a bar. There's pool tables upstairs and it's a pretty old building. I can't remember the name of the place, (is it O'malley's??????? or something) but they had pretty decent food in there a few years back. Haven't been to Palmer Lake in a few years, but I should would like to live there.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:50 PM

112 posts, read 289,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
We go to COS, Woodland Park, Divide as often as we can; we'd love to live there. We have a 12yr old son and 9yr old daughter and they really liked the Elephant Bar/grill up by Chappel hills mall. Food is pretty good, kids love it and enjoy the place.

We also took them to a Japanese. place where they make the food on your table. It was w. on A.bluffs/GOG (broken link)'s then to Continental or Centenial(sp's?) in a strip mall, it was on the n. side of strip mall. Anyway, server was great w/kids and the people sitting at the next table were GREAT! They could tell we didn't know what to order and I asked her what to get. She came to our table and showed us what to get and even ordered us some sushi. Really nice people in COS and the area.

This thread has really been nice as I now have 2 places I want to take parents, wife and kids to. Culpepers and Palapas, only cajun we get is what I make and it "ain't" too good.

Woodland Park also has a nice Italian place as your comming in from the springs on the e/right side of hwy.
I've been looking for a place similar; do you recall the name? I'd also like to take my girlfriend to a Mongolian Barbecue place. Are there any out here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs