U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 08:47 AM

252 posts, read 813,727 times

Advertisements

If you like Italian, there's a little family owned place on the northeast corner of Nevada and Filmore called the Roman Villa........................fantastic food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 10:47 AM

2,139 posts, read 5,493,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
oh, yeah, and B&E Filling Station in Palmer Lake is great too.

Actually, all the little places there on 105 in Palmer Lake are quite good in their own way, except for the Depot, which just not good at all, unfortunately. Mozaic is my fav.

I second this post! B & E is pretty cool.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:55 AM

2,437 posts, read 7,117,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxLuva View Post
When you go into Palmer Lake, past the bowling alley and around aways, as you're heading into the town, on your left had side of the road is a bar. There's pool tables upstairs and it's a pretty old building. I can't remember the name of the place, (is it O'malley's??????? or something) but they had pretty decent food in there a few years back. Haven't been to Palmer Lake in a few years, but I should would like to live there.
Yes. O'Malley's - the biker bar in Palmer Lake where you grill your own burgers and steaks. Just take 105 to Plamer Lake, it's on the west side of the road.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:23 PM

3,133 posts, read 9,123,620 times
Woodland Park needs more restaurants! Primos just went under. All we have is 3 Mexican restaurants and all of the normal fast food! I'd be happy for a Chillis or Apple Bees!

JustJamie: Mongolian Barbecue is in Denver (downtown). My wife loves that place, for some unknown reason, so we go there when we are in Denver for a game.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:10 PM

165 posts, read 383,789 times
Appreciate that, hope it helped. But no, I have never at anytime worked in any sort of food or food-service industry. If I could make a decent living giving 3-lined restaurant synopses I would be all over it I assure you!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:55 PM

252 posts, read 813,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Yes. O'Malley's - the biker bar in Palmer Lake where you grill your own burgers and steaks. Just take 105 to Plamer Lake, it's on the west side of the road.
It's been 4-5 years back. I don't remember it being a biker bar, but they did have good food.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:56 PM

121 posts, read 391,580 times
There is a new local fast food joint that has the BEST Burger in CS - it's called "Drifter's" on the southeast corner of Garden of the Gods & Mark Dabling.

I got a double cheeseburger "wild style" and it was damn good. Reminded me a little of In-N-Out. My wife and I are always seeking a good burger and I took her there today and she agreed - best burger in town. Although, probably not the most healthy burger in town!

Old 10-02-2008, 03:58 PM

112 posts, read 289,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEricHarris View Post
JustJamie: Mongolian Barbecue is in Denver (downtown). My wife loves that place, for some unknown reason, so we go there when we are in Denver for a game.
I'd seen one on GoogleMaps, somewhere here, but since I'm new; I can't exactly say, "Oh, it's right over by the BlahBlah and YaKnow," LOL. I love Mongolian Barbecue; there were tons of places in California. How long in the actual drive to Denver? I slept from Denver to here, so I'm not quite sure. We'd been driving twenty-two hours at that point. It was time for my nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love colo summers View Post
There is a new local fast food joint that has the BEST Burger in CS - it's called "Drifter's" on the southeast corner of Garden of the Gods & Mark Dabling.

I got a double cheeseburger "wild style" and it was damn good. Reminded me a little of In-N-Out. My wife and I are always seeking a good burger and I took her there today and she agreed - best burger in town. Although, probably not the most healthy burger in town!
Mmm, I miss In and Out. We'll go check it out, when I get paid, and tell you what we think. ;D

Old 10-04-2008, 11:57 AM

227 posts, read 932,882 times
We have eaten at Drifter's several times. If you are a So Cal transplant and miss In N Out, they are probably the closest thing you will get to that here in CO. Drifter's is very close to I-25, Garden of the Gods exit, head east, I think two stoplights and it will be right on the corner on your right hand side. Hopefully nobody from In N Out's legal team is reading this board....

Old 10-04-2008, 02:51 PM

112 posts, read 289,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amery523 View Post
We have eaten at Drifter's several times. If you are a So Cal transplant and miss In N Out, they are probably the closest thing you will get to that here in CO. Drifter's is very close to I-25, Garden of the Gods exit, head east, I think two stoplights and it will be right on the corner on your right hand side. Hopefully nobody from In N Out's legal team is reading this board....
I'd like to go there for dinner, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs