U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 01:38 PM

2,437 posts, read 7,108,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxLuva View Post
It's been 4-5 years back. I don't remember it being a biker bar, but they did have good food.
I don't think O'Malleys markets itself as a 'biker bar', and it's not at all scary like your stereotypical biker bar (sorry, Jeff, if you're trying to overcome that reputation). It's just that it's a favorite spot for Harley groups and such to road trip to. Especially on weekend afternoons in the summertime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 AM

252 posts, read 812,840 times
I'm glad someone mentioned the Front Range BBQ, Awesome food, I always take visitors there that don't want to go out to eat fancy or at the typical francises.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-19-2011 at 05:37 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 11:46 AM

215 posts, read 630,990 times
Does Front Range BBQ have the smoked artichoke hearts at the East location? 4935 Templeton Gap Road. We eat their occasionally because it's close by. I like the pulled pork, the spicy coleslaw is good. I like the little corn muffins.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 PM

165 posts, read 383,440 times
I was worried about that. It does seem to do a hell of a business. I did not get a chance to eat there last time I was in the area. Does anyone know if Front Range Barbecue has an actual barbecue pit or smoker facilities? I ask because I know some people whom I invest with that are coming to the area to start up an old school barbecue joint, and any info on the competition is always good. Just wondering as to the authenticity of the place. I went to Charlie's Pit BBQ in Manitou and it was a joke, I don't know how they stay in business. Colorado seems to be seriously lacking in the BBQ department, from my experiences.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:36 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,116,767 times
Bird Dog BBQ on Powers and Stetson Hills is pretty good. Their pulled pork sandwiches are really good and on Fridays and Saturdays they have BBQ Prime Rib. I had never had that before or even heard of it and I'm a native Texan! Lord, that that is good stuff.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:45 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSimple View Post
I was worried about that. It does seem to do a hell of a business. I did not get a chance to eat there last time I was in the area. Does anyone know if Front Range Barbecue has an actual barbecue pit or smoker facilities? I ask because I know some people whom I invest with that are coming to the area to start up an old school barbecue joint, and any info on the competition is always good. Just wondering as to the authenticity of the place. I went to Charlie's Pit BBQ in Manitou and it was a joke, I don't know how they stay in business. Colorado seems to be seriously lacking in the BBQ department, from my experiences.
Yes, we like both Front Range and Bird Dog BBQ places.

I think the area could use another place, especially on the north end of town, i.e., well north of Woodmen. Perhaps along Voyager Pkwy or in all the new development at I-25 and Interquest. There is a vacant Macaroni Grill on its own pad site on N. Academy a short way north of Woodmen, in that huge commercial strip across Academy from Home Depot, one of the busiest roads in the city.

Does anyone in the area have any sort of BBQ made from Bison?

Old 10-09-2008, 01:38 AM

454 posts, read 1,064,049 times
There is a good place up North called Slaytons that is pretty good. Bird Dog is some good stuff but I have to disagree on Frontrange on the westside of town. It was good the first few times but it if something isn't consistent then I think the place losses some stars in my rating. Also there is a BBQ stand on the way to PeteAFB on the right on Platte after Powers blvd that has some good eating.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:55 AM

I could add tons of places that are small and good so here is a list of some of the ones I have found:
The Hatch Cover, great Cordon Blue
Rudys, amazing and cheap American/Spanish breafast
Old North End Diner, tons of food and good cooking
The Omelete Palor, great food but share a bathroom with a bar that stinks!
Western Omelete, biker breakfast American/Spanish, good chilli too
Bon Ton, decent food, great atmosphere/location
Cafe El Paso, really good food, secluded location
Carlos Miguels, great food/nice location, only place I complained about to much service/ no quality with my wife
Mucky Ducky, high end food/ great atmospere, awesome location to get away
The Pantry, amazing breakfast/awesome location, great local get away spot
The Drive Thru, good place for a outdoors burger/ice cream
Dj Velvet Freeze, tons of ice cream
BackEast Pizza, to go only but great pizza and subs
King Chef, alot of breakfast for your moneys worth
Rotellas, good location/nice rest. and love the food
Paravicinis, great atmosphere/location, salads aren't that good but the rest is really great
Pita Pit, good meat products
Flavor of NY, great subs
Noodle Company, good food
Panera, great food/bread bowls

There is alot more just I don't have my thinking cap on today.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:55 AM

I heard they are putting in a Slaytons BBQ downtown now. And that King Chef's chilli is now being sold at Whole foods. There green chilli kicks butt!

Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 AM

2,139 posts, read 5,485,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
I heard they are putting in a Slaytons BBQ downtown now. And that King Chef's chilli is now being sold at Whole foods. There green chilli kicks butt!

Yup, I just bought some of their 'mild' from Whole Foods, because the regular is way too hot for me!

Can't wait for Slaytons to open downtown, and King's Chef has another location, right on Acacia Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs