Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2015, 02:51 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,329 times

Advertisements

Went to Fujiyama for the first time last night. Monday night from 5-6 is half off everything. We ate well and wifey had a beer and the bill was under $22. At that price, the food was well worth it. I would have been slightly disappointed had we paid full price as far as the food went. It wasn't bad by any means, just had better Japanese. We would totally go back for the half price deal again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 02:48 PM

553 posts, read 1,636,070 times
Restaurant Week 2015 begins today!

Colorado Springs Restaurant Week

This is a great opportunity to expand your comfort zone. See a place you've heard of but never been to? Give them a try. Better still, pick a place you've never even heard of, and see what they've got. The whole idea of Restaurant Week is for our local restaurants to give you an example of what they can create, to entice you to come back. And, with places like Brother Luck and Motif and Margarita at Pine Creek all participating, as well as a couple places at the Broadmoor, there's no better opportunity to try new adventures.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:27 PM

432 posts, read 1,202,834 times
Asian Bistro on South 8th
Asian Bistro - Japanese - 1606 S 8th St - Colorado Springs, CO - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

Had lunch there today. They have a not-on-the-menu all-you-can eat sushi option for $14.95

Had three different kinds of rolls. All were VERY good and the shrimp tempura roll was one of the best I've ever had. And unlike some places with such deals, they don't overload on the rice to bulk up the profit.

While it's unusual to have a Japanese and Chinese menu in the same restaurant, my colleague has had the Chinese food there and says it's also very good. Today he had a bento box and I was impressed with how large the portions were for the price. He said it was excellent.

In fact, all the lunch specials are very attractively priced.

I'll be back.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:53 PM

400 posts, read 498,320 times
Had dinner tonight at the Asian Bistro on S 8th St. I ordered the tempura bistro bow and was very disappointed. The coating was hard and was the worst tempura that I have ever had. Won't be back.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:32 PM

753 posts, read 1,104,823 times
I haven't been to the Asian Bistro myself, but a neighbor told me that the Chinese food they tried there was pretty lousy. I also stopped going to Coal Mine Dragon, farther S on 8th Street, after trying it a few times and being disappointed in everything I ordered there. I got really spoiled by the Chinese restaurants in the Boston area when I lived there....

Old 10-11-2015, 07:40 PM

432 posts, read 1,202,834 times
Well, the sushi was superb. That's what I'll be going back for

Old 10-11-2015, 09:38 PM

400 posts, read 498,320 times
I did not order any sashimi since I had lunch at Tomo sushi (which is a lot better) but my mom order maguro sashimi and the fish was of low quality since the tuna had white skin like material on the flesh and the cuts were small. They served it in a cocktail glass with a ice cube like thing that had a blue light which looks strange.

Last edited by Christina S; 10-11-2015 at 10:32 PM..

Old 10-11-2015, 09:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
I also stopped going to Coal Mine Dragon, farther S on 8th Street,....
A greasy, filthy place...not one inch of that place is clean~see for yourself.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:40 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Found a place today that sells a lot of old-time candy bars and soda pops, plus many flavors of popcorn and other candies.

Cole's, on N. Academy near Voyager, behind Chipotle, in that strip mall area with the red tile roofs.

I got me some Necco Sky Bars, Butter Rum Lifesavers, Goo Goo Clusters, and Frosty Root Beer.....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:23 AM

1,455 posts, read 1,860,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Found a place today that sells a lot of old-time candy bars and soda pops, plus many flavors of popcorn and other candies.

Cole's, on N. Academy near Voyager, behind Chipotle, in that strip mall area with the red tile roofs.

I got me some Necco Sky Bars, Butter Rum Lifesavers, Goo Goo Clusters, and Frosty Root Beer.....
Wow Mike ... I remember Sky Bars (and never shared with anyone!). Wish this place was closer to the westside.

You're probably familiar with this site, but in case you're not:

Sky Bar candy bar - OldTimeCandy.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs