U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2009, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Earth
1,442 posts, read 3,578,587 times
Reputation: 844

Advertisements

Eric, I lived it for a long time, and am grateful to be out of the dating pool. With all the social networking and dating sites out there, it's a model of chaos full of mostly shallow people and you're just cannon fodder...I don't think it's limited to CO.

You'll have to post back on this thread sometime to let us know how it goes in TX.

 
Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,570,899 times
Reputation: 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
You'll have to post back on this thread sometime to let us know how it goes in TX.
If you run into Belle at the Yellow Rose, be careful that Durwood is not in town. He gets plumb mean when he's been drinking.







Disclaimer: This is a joke and not meant to offend the real Belle and Durwood, Belle being by far the meaner of the two...
 
Old 10-22-2009, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
2,185 posts, read 3,910,692 times
Reputation: 1536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
You'll have to post back on this thread sometime to let us know how it goes in TX.

He must like his girls big, not that there's anything wrong with that. Just sayin.....
 
Old 10-22-2009, 08:12 PM
 
68 posts, read 101,547 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
He must like his girls big, not that there's anything wrong with that. Just sayin.....
No, but I do prefer my women to be friendly, unlike here in Colorado. People can choose to be ignorant and throw out the outdated stereotype of redneck, racist, etc. to Texans if they wish, but AT LEAST TEXANS AND SOUTHERNERS ARE FRIENDLY AND OUTGOING PEOPLE. Furthermore, at least THEY will reach out their hand in friendship (generally) to new people that they meet. Moreover, at least in Texas (and the rest of the south for that matter) THERE ARE women that are single and DO NOT already have boyfriends. When I am at class at PPCC all I ever hear the young ladies talk about are (yep, you guessed it) their boyfriends that they have known from their high school days. It is really sad that this state stinks in terms of the SEVERE lack of single, friendly, available women.
 
Old 10-22-2009, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
196 posts, read 484,228 times
Reputation: 179
OMG Eric.. I don't know what else to say, but would you please keep your voice down? Your posts are just screaming how friendly and outgoing you are. I consider myself very friendly I just don't offer myself to every guy who smiles at me. Sorry about that..
 
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 PM
 
68 posts, read 101,547 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug24 View Post
OMG Eric.. I don't know what else to say, but would you please keep your voice down? Your posts are just screaming how friendly and outgoing you are. I consider myself very friendly I just don't offer myself to every guy who smiles at me. Sorry about that..
LOL! I'm going to make an educated guess that you are from the west and not from the south or the northeast (or anywhere on the east coast). You see, its just a total different mentality with women in the east. In the south and the northeast, it is OK for a female to talk to a male as a friend even if she isn't attracted to him. That's one of my biggest pet peeves about living here in this state. Women here in Colorado automatically assume that if they so much as make friendly conversation with a guy then the guy will think "hmmm, she must like me because she is talking to me". That is simply not the case whatsoever. The fact of the matter is that I enjoy oral communication (a.k.a.) friendly small talk with my fellow human beings even if they are female and are not attracted to me. In fact, the one woman who has been willing to chat with me in school is in fact from the east coast/northeast.
 
Old 10-22-2009, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
1,312 posts, read 6,759,118 times
Reputation: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric81 View Post
LOL! I'm going to make an educated guess that you are from the west and not from the south or the northeast (or anywhere on the east coast). You see, its just a total different mentality with women in the east. In the south and the northeast, it is OK for a female to talk to a male as a friend even if she isn't attracted to him. That's one of my biggest pet peeves about living here in this state. Women here in Colorado automatically assume that if they so much as make friendly conversation with a guy then the guy will think "hmmm, she must like me because she is talking to me". That is simply not the case whatsoever. The fact of the matter is that I enjoy oral communication (a.k.a.) friendly small talk with my fellow human beings even if they are female and are not attracted to me. In fact, the one woman who has been willing to chat with me in school is in fact from the east coast/northeast.

Give it up already Eric. Your ignorance of the opposite sex in general was known about two months ago when you started whining on an internet message board about how unfriendly we women are in Colorado Springs.

If you act even a small fraction in real life like you do here, it's not a wonder you aren't picking up women left and right nor getting even a friendly smile.

I'm about as friendly as they get although, constant whining grates on the nerves...born and raised in Colorado Springs. If you'd get off the internet, find some activities that don't revolve around PPCC you might actually find people who share common interests...

Waaaait. I've already said that before so I guess it's a waste of pixel space but seriously. Get involved in something already so you can have a good time and quit whining about your lack of a girl.
 
Old 10-22-2009, 09:08 PM
 
Location: CO
2,535 posts, read 5,833,607 times
Reputation: 3295
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
Give it up already Eric. Your ignorance of the opposite sex in general was known about two months ago when you started whining on an internet message board about how unfriendly we women are in Colorado Springs.

If you act even a small fraction in real life like you do here, it's not a wonder you aren't picking up women left and right nor getting even a friendly smile.

I'm about as friendly as they get although, constant whining grates on the nerves...born and raised in Colorado Springs. If you'd get off the internet, find some activities that don't revolve around PPCC you might actually find people who share common interests...

Waaaait. I've already said that before so I guess it's a waste of pixel space but seriously. Get involved in something already so you can have a good time and quit whining about your lack of a girl.
Here's the explanation of Eric's problem. The competition's too much.

A Total Beauty survey ranked "hot guy cities." Colorado has three cities in the top ten (Colorado Springs isn't one of those three; c'est la vie).

Top 10 Hottest-Guy Cities

Of the top ten, Colorado has:

No. 7: Denver, Colo

No. 4: Fort Collins, Colo.

No. 2: Boulder, Colo.
 
Old 10-22-2009, 09:30 PM
 
68 posts, read 101,547 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Here's the explanation of Eric's problem. The competition's too much.

A Total Beauty survey ranked "hot guy cities." Colorado has three cities in the top ten (Colorado Springs isn't one of those three; c'est la vie).

Top 10 Hottest-Guy Cities

Of the top ten, Colorado has:

No. 7: Denver, Colo

No. 4: Fort Collins, Colo.

No. 2: Boulder, Colo.
To the mods, this will be my last post on this thread. You have my word. Anyway, yes the competition is indeed too much here. Seriously folks, and I sincerely mean this. There are waaaaayyyyy too many soldiers and airmen here for there to be any real dating scene. This town is getting just as bad as the Marine town of Jacksonville, N.C. I was a U.S. Marine for five years in case some of you didn't know. Most women here in Colorado Springs, like Jacksonville, N.C., are already married into the military or are Army/Air Force brats who have married other military brats and/or their high school sweethearts. So to answer the poster's question above, the answer is yes in that I haven't been afforded the opportunity for normal dating due to formerly being in the Marine Corps (stationed in Jacksonville, N.C.) and moving and living here in order to work for Intel when they were still in town.
 
Old 10-22-2009, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
196 posts, read 484,228 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric81 View Post
LOL! I'm going to make an educated guess that you are from the west and not from the south or the northeast (or anywhere on the east coast). You see, its just a total different mentality with women in the east. In the south and the northeast, it is OK for a female to talk to a male as a friend even if she isn't attracted to him. That's one of my biggest pet peeves about living here in this state. Women here in Colorado automatically assume that if they so much as make friendly conversation with a guy then the guy will think "hmmm, she must like me because she is talking to me". That is simply not the case whatsoever. The fact of the matter is that I enjoy oral communication (a.k.a.) friendly small talk with my fellow human beings even if they are female and are not attracted to me. In fact, the one woman who has been willing to chat with me in school is in fact from the east coast/northeast.
No I am not from the west, but it doesn't matter as it sits deap in your mind that women here are mean, married and not available. Good luck Eric!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top