U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,000 times

Advertisements

Hello to all, me and my boyfriend are moving to colorado springs in two months from florida, never been there and are looking for places to live in the city. what are the better (well kept up,not much crime) areas, vs the not so good (poverty,crime) areas? how are the area; west colorado springs? monument valley park area? bear creek regional park area? north colorado springs? around the college area? i really appreciate any input anyone has, thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 09:01 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,804,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxqueen210 View Post
Hello to all, me and my boyfriend are moving to colorado springs in two months from florida, never been there and are looking for places to live in the city. what are the better (well kept up,not much crime) areas, vs the not so good (poverty,crime) areas? how are the area; west colorado springs? monument valley park area? bear creek regional park area? north colorado springs? around the college area? i really appreciate any input anyone has, thank you!!
Most areas of town are fine, save for some sketchiness in the SE corner of town.

Best if you tell us where you'll be working and/or your budget for rent.

To find all the recent threads about apartments, use the search tool with the word: apartment
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:35 AM

1 posts, read 4,968 times
Hi there- We just moved here due to orders to Schriever AFB. We've lived in a small town in Montana are wholes lives and have never had to think twice about where to live or what school to put our kids into. Were currently staying on Peterson AFB until we find our house- We are in the process of purchasing a brand new home located right near Hancock Expressway and S. Powers. I've researched my heart out and I'm still skeptical. Being from a verrry small town I'm trying to be cautious.

Anyone have any input on living in this area? Two small children to think about-

Thanks a lot!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:25 AM

5,007 posts, read 6,685,971 times
The neighborhood should be fine there, particularly if it is newer construction, less so as you get further from Powers and closer to Hancock/Mission Trace area. I'm guessing elementary would be Soaring Eagles? I think that's okay, too. But I'm not as comfortable about middle/high school for that area.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 8,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbindahl View Post
Hi there- We just moved here due to orders to Schriever AFB. We've lived in a small town in Montana are wholes lives and have never had to think twice about where to live or what school to put our kids into. Were currently staying on Peterson AFB until we find our house- We are in the process of purchasing a brand new home located right near Hancock Expressway and S. Powers. I've researched my heart out and I'm still skeptical. Being from a verrry small town I'm trying to be cautious.

Anyone have any input on living in this area? Two small children to think about-

Thanks a lot!

That area is fine. I know a couple people (I work at Schriever as well) that have built a house in that area and they've had no big issues. Where abouts in MT? I was stationed at Malmstrom for 3 years.

Old 04-11-2011, 02:38 AM

27 posts, read 77,969 times
Colorado Springs is one of the safest cities in Colorado it barely has any crime so im sure any part of the city would be a good place to live.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,596 times
Default Wondering if anyone still uses this forum??

My family and I are relocating to Co Springs by early fall and don't know much about the area. I was wondering if some kind soul on here would let me post addresses of homes we are considering and let me know if they are in a decent or "not so good" area. I would GREATLY appreciate it, I'm trying to get the best fit for my family but stay within our budget. Thanks in Advance

Jared Harris

Old 07-26-2011, 07:45 PM

5,007 posts, read 6,685,971 times
Go ahead, I'm sure some here will give opinions.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:54 AM

23 posts, read 86,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcharris View Post
My family and I are relocating to Co Springs by early fall and don't know much about the area. I was wondering if some kind soul on here would let me post addresses of homes we are considering and let me know if they are in a decent or "not so good" area. I would GREATLY appreciate it, I'm trying to get the best fit for my family but stay within our budget. Thanks in Advance

Jared Harris
Or find a Realtor that will tell you the truth...ours told us where to not look. Its technically against the Realtor's oath but you know a buyers agent wants you to be happy. [ mod cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-27-2011 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Do not post realtor recommendations in the open forums.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 AM

4 posts, read 13,873 times
Wink Young and moving

So I am currently 21 and wanting to move to COS. I really love the area. My grandparents have lived there longer then I have been alive. I currently live in Texas.I plan to move up in the fall. My only problem is where are some decent apartments in COS? It will be only myself and my cat. I really don't care for crime but I told my Father I would stay away from the bad areas. As well where are some good locations for jobs? I need to start putting in some applications so when i come down in September i can actually have interviews. i would really love some tips, thanks!

~Keri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs