U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 PM

5,011 posts, read 6,698,140 times

Advertisements

Generally speaking, nicer areas are north. I think you could find some very reasonable apartments near Coronado High School, or near Doherty High School. When I was closer to your age, I had an apartment on Quail Lake in the southwest part of town that I really liked. What kind of jobs are you looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 13,876 times
Well I am currently in school to receive my associates in Photography. I would love to find a job in that area. But I am willing look in other ways. I love working with people. Right now i am a waitress at pizza Hut. And I use to work at a call center. I am actually about to go get rehired at the same one so I can save up money for the move. I am not to picky on what I can get long as it is full time and pays enough for my bills and lil extra.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:14 PM

20,326 posts, read 37,840,000 times
Keri, there are several large call centers in COLO SPGS and lot of restaurant work.

The further north one goes the nicer the area gets, including apartments. There currently are some threads working that discuss apartments around town and/or up on the north side.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM

2,867 posts, read 7,104,419 times
I've said it a thousand times, and I will continue to do so. Just stay North of Austin Bluffs and you'll be just fine. The further south east you go, the worse it gets. I lived in Pikes Peak Park for 8 months, one of the worst neighborhoods around Circle/Monterey. They don't call it Little Juarez for nothing.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 PM

842 posts, read 1,251,330 times
And I've said this in reply a thousand times... I live south of Austin Bluffs and I don't fear for my life... Westside ColoSpgs is awesome, as is Manitou. Generally the entire west side of Colorado Springs, from south to north, is good, with one little sketchy area, and it's only sketchy because of the comparison of its neighbors.

I would put the dividing line at east of Nevada but generally, roughly south of downtown proper.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 PM

2,867 posts, read 7,104,419 times
Notice I said south east. West side is fine, if you can stand cracked out hippies walking around everywhere. Last time I was at the Subway on Colorado Ave. There was a guy walking in front of the store wearing a trench coat with nothing on but tighty whiteys underneath. That, and you cant even go to Safeway without being accosted by homeless bums begging for change.

It's not dangerous on the west side, but it's not pleasant either. Full of wierdos and vagrants. That's kind of sad, because it's got the nicest views in the city. I wish the CSPD would do a sweep and get rid of all those scam artist bums that are clogging up the city.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:08 PM

What would lantana circle be? North south east or west? Now I saw some apartments online in south west area

Old 05-29-2012, 11:17 PM

20,326 posts, read 37,840,000 times
That would be over by Powers and Constitution, so I'd call it northeast.

From google maps, those are single family homes and IMO rather decent.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:19 PM

Yeah well my grandparents lived there since my dad did his last year of high school and he is 46 now. I just fallen for the area lol

Old 05-28-2013, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,797 times
Default Bad areas to raise a family is COS

My family and i are moving to CO in the next cpl yrs and i was just wondering what areas to stear clear were? I have young children and dont want them to be subjected to any kind of violence. Were from a small town where evryone knows evryone so a bigger city is harder to detect the bad areas... Any help with that and a good school district??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs