U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,379 times

Advertisements

Checked this out, the highest concentration I see is the southern most area between the airport and the fort along i-25 south of academy Blvd otherwise its seems fairly average l, then again I'm from Chicago so if it's not like the west side I don't wanna hear it lol I streetviewed Murray and Galley area and from the looks of things it seems average or at least comparable to where I grew up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
Now the year is 2015 I'm thinking about moving to Colorado Springs in 2016.. I know these post are old and the areas have change a bit i need to get a update on which areas to stay away from, I want my family to b in a safe and calm community and with good school ,I don't want to live in a area where there a bunch of thugs hanging around out side all the time watching you go to work and when u come home from work... so I need to know what areas are good in the year 2015... just need a update thanks

Old 12-13-2015, 07:48 PM

37 posts, read 27,957 times
I moved from there a year ago. Stay North of Garden of the Gods road.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:17 PM

808 posts, read 1,175,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmyra View Post
I moved from there a year ago. Stay North of Garden of the Gods road.
Oh for sure - wouldn't want to get caught out at night in neigborhoods like Kissing Camels or the Old North End or Skyway or ... egads ... the Broadmoor, all of which are well south of Garden of the Gods road. Pretty much the four nicest neighborhoods in town. What on earth.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:39 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,666,689 times
In the 7 years since this post started, things have not changed radically. Housing budget will drive what areas you may want to start your search in and you can then narrow that based on ratings of schools nearby and proximity to work. There are not wholesale bad areas of town, but there certainly are differences in economic prosperity among our local zip codes. There also are pockets of very good and somewhat bad within some of those zip codes, so it can make a search require a bit more diligence to look at surrounding areas and environments.

Most here are willing to help you narrow that. Just jump in.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 2,441 times
Hi Everyone,

my family and I are planing to move to Colorado Springs this year. We are working with a realtor and have narrowed our search to four homes. I am not sure about the areas and was wondering if ya'll could lend me hand. It is my mother, elderly grandmother, my college age brother, and myself (college age also).
Thank you in advance!
Addresses:
5475 Villa CR, Colorado Springs
432 Squire St, Colorado Springs
7430 Farmcrest RD, Colorado Springs
7403 Farmcrest RD, Colorado Springs

Old 06-28-2016, 09:55 PM

5,003 posts, read 6,678,903 times
In my opinion, the Farmcrest Road homes are the best neighborhood - quite new construction, too. A bit of open space behind it to the East. The Squire one is near where I grew up and I like it personally - those are mostly built in the 70s. Mature neighborhood, an occasional house there may be a little rundown if it has had a lot of renters, but most of the homeowners are conscientious. These three are all in the Security/Widefield/Fountain area which has a bit of small town feel to it but has been growing a lot. The Villa Circle comes up as near Montbello and Academy - pretty busy area with homes of similar age to the Squire home but also pretty decent.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
In my opinion, the Farmcrest Road homes are the best neighborhood - quite new construction, too. A bit of open space behind it to the East. The Squire one is near where I grew up and I like it personally - those are mostly built in the 70s. Mature neighborhood, an occasional house there may be a little rundown if it has had a lot of renters, but most of the homeowners are conscientious. These three are all in the Security/Widefield/Fountain area which has a bit of small town feel to it but has been growing a lot. The Villa Circle comes up as near Montbello and Academy - pretty busy area with homes of similar age to the Squire home but also pretty decent.
So all of the homes are in mostly safe areas? I am coming from the DFW, TX area so I understand that crime is everywhere. I just want to make sure that I don't move into a high crime are where there is a lot of drug activity, robbery, etc.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:32 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,666,689 times
Yes. Any of those would be fine. Proximity to school, services for your Grandmother, or your Mom's place of employment may drive your selections to another level of review than simply price and safety.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Yes. Any of those would be fine. Proximity to school, services for your Grandmother, or your Mom's place of employment may drive your selections to another level of review than simply price and safety.
my mother works from home and my brother and I will be attending UCCS which is about a 30 minute drive from these properties. Do you know if there are any hospitals in that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs