U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:49 AM

5 posts, read 11,280 times

Advertisements

thanks for all the feedback. from all the info you've given me it seems that a big maybe is what i'm looking at in finding what i'd like to have. my best bet may be renting until something opens up. thanks again for all the help and any further info will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM

5 posts, read 11,280 times
thanks so much for the zip code map. i looked all over the place!!

Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 PM

24 posts, read 92,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edie1980 View Post
Looking to transfer to one of the AFB's in Colorado Springs and really like what I've read about Manitou Springs. Have been checking Realtor.com and some other real estate sights trying to get an idea of what I might have to spend on a home.
I was looking online at the houses for sale in Manitou (I used to live there and get nostalgic) and maybe not for you, but 119 Illinois, for $190,000 seems like a good buy, especially for a 1427 sq. ft. house with a view. I know that street and house, and it is a quiet area, nice sunny exposure, with a steeper lot in back which gives it some privacy. The lot is under one tenth of an acre.

When I lived there, the people who lived in that house really liked it.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:29 PM

932 posts, read 1,034,630 times
Default Manitou Springs

Depends on where you are in Manitou. I'm on the "sunny side of the street" and have a great view of Pikes Peak from my porch.

There are 2 houses right next door to me that have been for sale for a while. One is a foreclosure and is going pretty cheap, I think. The people who used to live there got their chihuahua away from a mountain lion before it was carried off ... quite the excitement. No matter where you end up in the Springs area, you have to be mindful of hungry wildlife.

Check out Manitou Springs Real Estate for a knowledgeable local realtor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrby View Post
I could be easily misunderstood here, but much of Manitou Springs doesn't really have views - it IS the view. Don't misunderstand - it is a beautiful setting, but it is slap up against Pikes Peak and many properties are too close to the scenery to see the scenery, if you follow me. My point is not that Manitou Springs is not a nice place- it is, certainly. My point is that if a view is important there are many area locations with more attractive views, and almost anywhere is going to have more properties 1/2 acre plus.

Also, as one who just spent over a year looking for property "with a view" you may have to choose between trees and the view, no matter where you go. You can get some trees, and some view, or no trees and wide open view, but it is going to be hard - maybe impossible - to have a view AND lots of trees.

The comment above about Falcon and Peyton is a good one. I would expand that to include Black Forest (both the community and the area). It is easy to get the impression that the prarie meets the mountains at I-25. That, of course is not true. Black Forest is above Colorado Springs and has a climate of its own. Some parts are more than 1500 feet higher. Falcon is six or eight hundred feet above the Springs. I had occasion to spend some time over that way a couple of weeks ago and was really struck by just how nice the views are and how pleasant the area appeared generally. While not actually mountainous, much of it is very, very hilly. Some parts are heavily wooded and others are not, so there is a chance you could find just what suits you.

If you are looking at properties of 1/2 acre plus you may be on a well. Water is a major issue out here and you need to ask lots of questions about water supplies, particularly if you are not going to be on a municipal system.

Of course these kind of statements are always generalities, and you are not buying generalities; you only need to find one property.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:44 PM

486 posts, read 1,236,685 times
Check out this awesome pyramid house in Manitou Springs:

The famous pyramid house in Manitou Springs | ~ House Crazy ~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs