Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2007, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 54,984 times

Advertisements

I have read here and other places Northern COS is the safer better place to live. I need to know what areas that includes. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Default Crime Maps

View the Colorado Springs crime maps here:

http://www.springsgov.com/Page.asp?NavID=3358

Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 PM

673 posts, read 4,068,684 times
North Colorado Springs is North of Pikes Peak but when people refer to it they probubly mean Northern Colorado Springs north of Austin Bluffs.

80918 and 80920 are some of the zip codes in Northern Colorado Springs

Overall, north Colorado Springs is nice but they do have some enclaves that are not as nice as other areas in my opinion mainly Murray Blvd area from Pikes Peak to Constitution can be a bit sketchy and the rest of that area up to about Barnes is just in my opinion sort of blah and in general not as well-kept.

Alot of people have a anti-southern Colorado Springs bias. I dont understand it because the most affluent neighborhoods in Colorado Springs are on the south-west side of the city in the area around Lake Avenue.

In fact the people who have stereotype southern Colorado Springs probubly rarely go down there its mainly working-class folks with smaller homes.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 AM

431 posts, read 2,793,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
North Colorado Springs is North of Pikes Peak but when people refer to it they probubly mean Northern Colorado Springs north of Austin Bluffs.

80918 and 80920 are some of the zip codes in Northern Colorado Springs

Overall, north Colorado Springs is nice but they do have some enclaves that are not as nice as other areas in my opinion mainly Murray Blvd area from Pikes Peak to Constitution can be a bit sketchy and the rest of that area up to about Barnes is just in my opinion sort of blah and in general not as well-kept.

Alot of people have a anti-southern Colorado Springs bias. I dont understand it because the most affluent neighborhoods in Colorado Springs are on the south-west side of the city in the area around Lake Avenue.

In fact the people who have stereotype southern Colorado Springs probubly rarely go down there its mainly working-class folks with smaller homes.
I did not know people said that about Southern CS. I don't live in the Springs but my daughter and many friends do. There are many working class people living in Southern Springs. Not all have big houses etc. They bought there because of the schools,safty and weather. Southern part has milder weather. As a none resident, just drive tho or turn on the weather news. There is a bad weather belt that runs thro the USAFA, Black Forest etc and the closer you get to it the harder the winters. Monument hill is a bit*ch. We used to drive to Lakewood every weekend. Friends coming from Leadville into Lakewood did not have the nasties to drive thro we did coming from Canon City because of the bad weather belt.

Last edited by Nadine; 05-12-2007 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: to clearify

Old 05-13-2007, 04:57 PM

13 posts, read 54,984 times
Thank You,
This site makes it much easier to narrow down places to live when we come visit. The crime map link is very useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs