Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 PM

3 posts, read 17,986 times

Advertisements

Hello -

Again, thinking about moving to the area and just interested in what people think of the area? Why is it so cheap? Im thinking it is because of the "forts."

A bit about me...
I love the outdoors and that is why I am thinking about this area. Are there tons of things to do? I backpack and hike as well as golf and play hockey.

I hope to get some good replys as to how people enjoy the area and please be honest in how you feel...

Another point would be what area to move into ... someplace that has hiking and hockey would be great...

Thanks

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-30-2009 at 08:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 PM

68 posts, read 129,697 times
As long as you are ALREADY married and/or already have a family and move here you should be alright. If, on the other hand, you are not already married, I STRONGLY discourage you from relocating to the state of CO as a whole especially if you are a single straight male. There is alot of "outdoorsy" activities here in CO, but there isn't any single scene here in Colorado Springs. Moreover, unfortunately, I would also advise against moving to Denver if you fit the aforementioned criteria due to the "Menver" reputation. Now, I am only speaking from personal experience on this btw. Colorado Springs is a very strange place to be if you are a single guy because we are so few and far between here in this town! I kid you not, every single time that I go out in public here all that I encounter are young families and NOT single folks such as myself.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:55 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,915,731 times
Don't listen to Eric81, different people have different results when living anywhere. What may be my cuppa tea, may not be yours.

As for the OP, we need to know more about you other than you enjoy hockey and hiking. What about work? Are you independently wealthy? What about family? Have one, want one, don't care? What about your current living situation? What do you love and what do you dislike about it? Add more questions here.

No one (other than Eric81 apparently) can give you an honest and thoughtful reply without knowing more about you.

Think of some keywords of things that interest you in work, basic life, housing requirements and do a search at the top. See if there are some things that stick out at you that you may want more clarification on. I can almost bet you that with a little research, you will get honest answers from people who have lived here short term and long term as well.

:-)

Old 10-09-2010, 11:51 PM

175 posts, read 439,213 times
I do agree with Eric81. There seems to be more people married. Pretty much every girl I have dated has had kids or in some type of divorce. Sorry, it's true

Old 10-10-2010, 07:09 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbomb82 View Post
I do agree with Eric81. There seems to be more people married. Pretty much every girl I have dated has had kids or in some type of divorce. Sorry, it's true
Divorced with kids doesn't mean they are unapproachable or unworthy of consideration...

Old 10-10-2010, 10:02 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,217,187 times
Default Not for singles

COS is not the place for singles. Way too many Army wives running around on their husbands. I found very few women I wanted to date after one date. COS women have a weird attitude that men are disposable but the man's paychecks are not.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 PM

258 posts, read 540,810 times
Plenty of women in CS to date, maybe you just haven't found the right angle yet.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,082,515 times
Flyingcat2k....wow, what a prejudiced generalization of COS women you have!!! Got burned, did ya"?
Of course, those cheating Army wives are holding down the fort, while their husbands are defending your right to say such crap!!

Old 10-14-2010, 02:59 PM

598 posts, read 1,546,675 times
If you can't find a woman to date in Colorado Springs, you can't find one anywhere...period.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
Geez, the guy didn't even ask about single women! Hiking and hockey are abundant here. One of the most beautiful places there are to hike. If you get to visit I suggest West Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods, Woodland Park, the Pikes Peak area. You have views wherever you go, so many hiking trails, you will have to move here just to experience them all. We go to Colorado College hockey games and Avalanche games. There is an outside rink in the winter up in Woodland Park, as far as the Springs and hockey, not to sure. We have been in Colorado for 9 years and still love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs