U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 6,703 times

Advertisements

I am planning to attend Charis Bible College in August and am coming to look for residency and work next week. I also have a 4 yr. old child. Any info or links on nice neighborhoods in that area and in the Manitou Springs area would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 12:14 PM

353 posts, read 353,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfridolph View Post
I am planning to attend Charis Bible College in August and am coming to look for residency and work next week. I also have a 4 yr. old child. Any info or links on nice neighborhoods in that area and in the Manitou Springs area would be helpful.
Tim, I assume that the seminary you'll be attending is in the Colorado Springs area. If that's the case, look at North Colorado Springs--up by Focus on the Family and Chapel Hills.

As far as Manitou Springs, it's a very small town about 20 minutes give or take a few from Colorado Springs. Total population is maybe 5,000. So there really aren't any dramatically different neighborhoods or anything--it's just a small town. For what it's worth, and this is just my opinion, it would be MUCH better to commute from Colorado Springs to Manitou Springs. It's cheaper and COS just sounds like much more your kind of town (and, quite frankly, it is one of the best cities in America--next to Denver, of course--and it's hard not to like it).

Colorado--especially Colorado Springs--is extraordinarily kid-friendly. Family life is top-notch here and most activities cater to families and children. So that will be no problem at all.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,703 times
yeah, the college is in the Colorado Springs area. its south east of Ute Valley Park. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:33 PM

48 posts, read 291,604 times
try looking in the Rockrimmon area, zip 80919

Old 05-29-2007, 12:45 PM

11 posts, read 30,873 times
Tim...my wife and I just visited COS to go see AWM. We too want to go there (CBC), however job is an issue. We actually talked with Andrew, and told him our financial situation. If I can find work there, we would love to go to COS, which means we will be in the same boat as you (looking for a place to live). What made you decide to go CBC? I'm still waiting for some direction from the H.S.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,741,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
As far as Manitou Springs, it's a very small town about 20 minutes give or take a few from Colorado Springs. Total population is maybe 5,000. So there really aren't any dramatically different neighborhoods or anything--it's just a small town. For what it's worth, and this is just my opinion, it would be MUCH better to commute from Colorado Springs to Manitou Springs.
C Springs and Manitou share borders so I don't know where the 20 minute drive comes into play there. In fact, unless you look up while driving on Colorado Ave. westbound, you barely even know you've entered into Manitou but for the wrought iron arched sign...

Old 05-30-2007, 10:10 AM

2,755 posts, read 11,512,833 times
I did a search for "Charis Bible College" on Google and it looks like it's just off Garden of the Gods Road on Colorado Springs' west side.

You really can't go wrong with living anywhere on Colorado Springs' west side. Someone already mentioned the Rockrimmon area which is just north of your campus -- nice area, but it's more your high-end homes there and I'm imagining you're looking more for an affordable rental. One neighborhood that I really like is called Pleasant Valley, which is right off 30th Street near Garden of the Gods Park, however, that is also mostly single family homes and not apartments, but maybe you could share a home with someone. South of Pleasant Valley is Old Colorado City, which is one of the oldest parts of town with plenty of history -- rents are probably cheaper there and the atmosphere is more bohemian. There's also a great Coffee House in OCC called 'Agia Sophia. You seem to have already discovered Manitou -- that town is a little too touristy for my taste, but there's nothing wrong with living there; I doubt it'd take you too long to get to your school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs