U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 PM

20,343 posts, read 37,861,657 times

Advertisements

We have enough regulars and transplants from all over, so let’s aim for a COL SPGS Meet-Up in the near future.

Need to scope out the numbers and preferences. Please reply to the following set of questions as a reply (tried a poll, but that limits us to one choice only).

A. Type. Do you prefer sit-down restaurant; a park setting where kids can roam freely; either?

B. When. Is mid to late June good? If not, what’s best for you?

C. Day. I can do this ONLY weekdays, or ONLY weekends; or ANY day, or NOT on Sundays.

D. Area. Which area is best for you:
- North side, as in Monument area / Black Forest
- South side, as in Fountain or ??
- East side, as in Briargate / Powers corridor.
- West side, as in Manitou or ??
- No preference.

E. Numbers: How many adults/children in your party.

F. Comments or Suggestions.

Please use the “Quote” form of reply and edit as needed to state your wishes.

Thank you.

s/Mike from back east

Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM

20,343 posts, read 37,861,657 times
A. Type. Sit-down restaurant.

B. When. Is mid to late June good? YES

C. Day. I can do this ANY day.

E. Numbers: How many adults/children in your party? 2/0

F. Comments or Suggestions. NO.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:08 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,885,074 times
Default Response from Charles

Hey Mike, Thanks for doing this.

A. Type. Do you prefer sit-down restaurant; a park setting where kids can roam freely; either?
Charles: Park, Playground, potential croquet, Bouncer (a couple of bucks each if we chip in....),
Charles: We are not available weekend of June 16-17 in CMH.
C. Day. I can do this ONLY weekdays, or ONLY weekends; or ANY day, or NOT on Sundays.
Charles: Any late afternoon is possible but in reality we would prefer a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
- No preference.
Charles: North Side.
Charles: Two adults, Three kids 3, 5, 7
Charles: Since you and I are so close to both Black Forest and Fox Run, we can scope out the parks. Ideally one or two picnic benches (close together) should be enough room to lay out the food and stuff. BBQs are at each picnic bench. Bathrooms are clean. Kite flying always works. Easy and safe for kids to ride their bikes. Whip out the soccer balls, puppys, frisbees. This will work.
Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We have enough regulars and transplants from all over, so let’s aim for a COL SPGS Meet-Up in the near future.

Need to scope out the numbers and preferences. Please reply to the following set of questions as a reply (tried a poll, but that limits us to one choice only).

- No preference.

Thank you.

s/Mike from back east

Last edited by Charles; 05-18-2007 at 07:20 PM..

Old 05-19-2007, 11:37 AM

170 posts, read 698,476 times
This is a great idea!!

No preference but just thinking it may be harder to mingle at a restaurant.

No preference.

I work normal business hours, so weekends or week nights would be best for me.

- No preference.

No preference.

Just me, I checked with my cats and they aren't interested in coming along. j/k

Great idea! Minz aka Mindy

Old 05-20-2007, 02:21 PM

1,207 posts, read 4,144,206 times
If available, we'll go. Like Charles, prefer a park. Any time is OK as long as I'm not out of town. 3 of us> 2 adults and a 7 year old. Sounds like fun.
Suggestion> keep it simple.
Paul

Old 05-28-2007, 08:27 AM

32 posts, read 193,673 times
Default Meeting up

We are totally interested in this. I am guilty of viewing the post but not responding - sorry!

Wherever and whenever. We just moved here so our social calendar is not that filled! We have three kids, so anywhere to keep them busy and entertained!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:06 PM

12 posts, read 43,050 times
Hey Mike, Thanks for doing this.

[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

Either works for me, but like stated in earlier posts, a park setting might be best for mingling.

We'll be out there next week and getting settled in, but really any time will work.

During the evenings or weekends would be best since I'll be working during reg business hours mostly

- No preference.

No Preference

Just me and my Fiancée

Hopefully this will work out for all of us. Look foward to talking with ya'll more in the future.

Thank you.

s/Mike from back east

Old 05-30-2007, 11:08 PM

119 posts, read 630,838 times
Thumbs up Sounds Good

Hey Mike,

What good timing...I haven't read or been on this forum in a few weeks and I just happened to notice this. Well, I'm almost always free on the weekdays with my two daughters. My husband is only free on weekends at this point until he graduates the police academy at the end of June so the end won't work for me.

As far as where.....I like the Fox Run Park idea. A nice open, casual setting is good for people like me with kids! Once my husband graduates, there's no telling when he'll be free so mid June is better for me. Just post something and I'll try to at least make it with the kids if nothing else!

Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 AM

1,312 posts, read 6,750,799 times
I am too chicken.

I am not good in public settings, have a bit of anxiety disorder but I *might* do it if it's close to my home...aka Briargate area.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:20 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,885,074 times
Default Meeting place idea photos

This is the type of place I envisioned when I answered the poll. Some neutral place where adults could mingle and kids could be occupied. Doesn't matter which park; I just happen to be familiar with Black Forest Park and Fox Run Park. Both parks are located about five minutes north of the intersection of Highway 83 and Powers north of Colorado Springs. I guess we'd have to consider where the centroid of desired meeting places is.

Attached are a couple of photos of Black Forest Park. See two picnic benches and play area. They are separated by a big grassy area. Might be tough to hang out at the benches and watch small kids (< 5 years old) at the play area since the play area is about 100 yards away. Fox Run Park might be better since the picnic benches are right next to the play area. Fox Run and Black Forest are very similiar; That is, Fox Run looks pretty much like these photos except the play area is right next to the benches. Didn't have time today to take pictures at Fox Run. I think everyone gets the idea. Plus at Fox Run Park I am pretty sure there are mounted BBQs at each picnic bench (didn't see them at Black Forest Park).

Col Spgs Meet Up - Planning-smaller_small_dsc_2621.jpg

Col Spgs Meet Up - Planning-smaller_small_dsc_2620.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs