Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 PM

53 posts, read 94,979 times

Advertisements

Hi, I've been reading the forum for some time and appreciate all the effort and intelligent posting that goes on here, it's been a big help, so I finally took the plunge and signed up.

My wife and 2 small children are planning to move to CS soon (3 months?). I have had my own business for last 10 years and it's time to go back into the workforce, it will actually be a relief, that's a whole other post

I see tech jobs in CS and different sites have decent postings but I would like to go with a headhunter, think my chances might be better. So if anyone knows a good headhunter could you PM me their name(s). I would appreciate the help and any suggestions anyone here can offer this webmaster that is ready for a much needed change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,885,624 times
CodeBaby has received a lot of press lately, you should check it out.

codebaby jobs - Google Search

Old 01-09-2010, 12:22 PM

Reviving this post in hopes someone can send me the names of some head hunters in the Colorado Springs for IT jobs. Thanks!

Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 AM

No one

Old 01-15-2010, 11:29 AM

345 posts, read 973,732 times
I looked on Craigslist just now under the web/ info design section of jobs. 10 listings on the COS side and 55 in Denver.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 AM

Thanks maximusmgm! I am actually looking for a Head Hunter, I know there are jobs out there but would rather someone with the experience help me land a great job. I live in Tampa Florida right now so a HH would be the best option in finding a position in COS. That is why I am asking for anyone that actually knows or has used a HH before and could recommend them to me.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorshipMusician View Post
Thanks maximusmgm! I am actually looking for a Head Hunter, I know there are jobs out there but would rather someone with the experience help me land a great job. I live in Tampa Florida right now so a HH would be the best option in finding a position in COS. That is why I am asking for anyone that actually knows or has used a HH before and could recommend them to me.
Headhunters aren't what they used to be. Seems they're now all straw graspers who will try to match anyone with anything in hopes something will stick (which it rarely does). Most companies aren't using them that much nowadays anyway except at the executive level.

You'd be better off researching who the top IT employers are where you want to be and then go to their website job search area. At some point you'll probably be able to talk to a recruiter who can point you in the right direction. Also, consider going to some IT job fairs where you are now and asking if they have offices in places you'd like to be. You can then give them your resume and you'll have someone inside the company you can keep in contact with.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:13 PM

That is sad to hear CAVA1990 that Headhunters are going by the wayside. They use to be a great source of quality employment. My family and I are coming to COS as soon as I land a job there. I will take your suggestion and contact some companies that have offices in COS to find out what job openings they have. I am professional web developer and have been involved in the industry for over 15 years. I have a lot to offer the right company so I know once I get in front of them I'll have the job, it's just getting in front of them. So many applicants with some web dev experience that crowd and already hurting industry, though I imagine most industries are hurting in some way. Thanks again for all your advice.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:57 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorshipMusician View Post
Reviving this post in hopes someone can send me the names of some head hunters in the Colorado Springs for IT jobs. Thanks!
indeed.com will give you a list of open IT jobs, from which you can extract a comprehensive list of local headhunters.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:01 PM

Pretty slick 80skeys, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs