Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 8,365 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Right now I live halfway up Dublin and like it well enough. My views are quite beautiful. I'm new to the area, and most of the time I drive all over the city because I get lost! One area that I haven't spent much time in is Powers. I have shopped there, but haven't perused any residential streets. What is the scenery like in spring/summer? What are the good points/bad points of living there? I am 41, married and have a 12 year old girl if that matters as far as the family aspect would go. Thank you in advance for your posts! The area interests me as far as buying. Could be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 12:10 PM

598 posts, read 1,539,813 times
I live a mile or so off powers, in Stetson Hills and love it. Affordable, safe and a newer subdivision. Shopping, movies, etc. are all within a 5 minute drive. Our family goes to quite a few Sky Sox games in the summer and it's right around the corner for us. I've lived here for almost 5 years now...very happy here and plan to stay for quite awhile.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:26 PM

224 posts, read 729,559 times
I agree with Bullitt007. I also live in the Stetson Hills area - off Powers between Dublin and Stetson Hills. We've been here almost 5 years and love it. I love the shopping and the closeness with all the schools. There is a brand new high school. I have heard the middle school is a little crowded. The homes are newer so there isn't many large trees in the area. But I have a great view of the mountains and Sky Sox fireworks.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,933,970 times
I live off of Dublin and Powers in Stetson Hills as well. Nice and quiet. Good neighbors. I don't that much about D49 schools though as my kids went to D20 even after we moved to this area from Briargate. Wanted them to be able to keep the same friends dontcha know.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 AM

641 posts, read 2,267,106 times
Powers Blvd is kinda' the main North-South drag through town. 15 years ago, Academy Blvd was it, but now Powers is it. I live off Powers and like the others, I like it. I'm kind of close to everything.

The ball field, the air base, restaurants, shopping, etc. My commute to work everyday from home to the very North side of town is very short and easy; Powers Blvd both ways.

It works for me!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:15 AM

598 posts, read 1,539,813 times
Regarding the schools...I have two daughters who are in school and they both love their schools. I have a great relationship with their staff/administrators and I am very happy. Stetson Elementary was great, my youngest now goes to Skyview Middle School and my oldest is at Vista Ridge High School. Vista Ridge is the new HS east of Powers off of Dublin. The middle school is overcrowded, but it's not too bad.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,118 times
Hi everyone,
I just discovered City-data.com tonight. Very cool site. I'm the editor of The Gazette's csfreshink.com Web site and neighborhood papers. The Web site is a social network, like this site. It's a place for you to post photos and write about the people, events and issues important to you. We take the best photos, stories and blogs from the Web site, print them in our neighborhood papers. On Feb. 3, we're starting one of these papers in the Powers Boulevard area. It will circulate on Wednesdays in home subscriptions of The Gazette and it will be available in news racks throughout the area. We currently have 720 registered users online (we're just getting started) and we expect that number to grow quickly. I hope you check out our site and find it useful. Thanks for for your time.

About the Powers area. I don't live there, but I've lived the area for 42 years and I have family members who do live in that area. There was no Powers Boulevard when I was a kid. This is an area of town that was fairly well planned, I think. High volume of traffic, but Powers Blvd. handles it well with three and four lanes each way. Homes are very reasonably priced and the shopping is as good or better than in other parts of Colorado Springs. Two golf courses and Sky Sox baseball are a plus. I think this part of town is overlooked...a lot of people want to be closer to the mountains. But the Powers area is going to become very desireable when the economy comes back.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-10-2010 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: merged two posts into one.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:49 AM

6 posts, read 21,208 times
If you are interested in buying a home off of the Powers corridor I would suggest Indigo Ranch or Cordera. Cordera will offer the "lifestyle" living concept which is great for a 12 year old! If you prefer to be a little further from the busy area of the Powers corridor, I'd suggest looking at Meridian Ranch. It is only about 8 minutes away and you can great views as well as a great price on a new home in that area with tons for kids to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs