U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 PM

20,305 posts, read 37,790,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minz View Post
I went to Adam's Mountain Cafe recently and had their Planet burger...totally scrumptious and vegetarian. Even my meat-eating sister liked it and said she would get it next time.
I've found some chipotle black bean burgers by Morningstar Farms, at COSTCO, that really are good.

In the four years that this thread has been in the stack, maybe some new choices have come along in local eateries, so if you know of any new vegetarian places, add them to this list.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 04:30 PM

22 posts, read 66,938 times
Trinity Brewing has awesome vegetarian fare.

Adam's Mountain Cafe is still very good.

Vietnamese Garden has excellent food and the owner is really nice.

Arharn Thai is relatively new to me but what I've had has been quite good.

Poor Richard's has excellent salads.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,484,234 times
Also: Opb&j - We put the O in pb&j - Home
also http://www.uchennalive.com/

Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 PM

924 posts, read 1,030,894 times
I have found, in general, that even restaurants that aren't strictly vegetarian offer vegetarian options ... especially Italian eateries - they usually offer some kind of pasta without meat. Adams Mtn. Cafe is of course the best-known locally, but they serve non-vegetarian dishes as well. Dale St. Cafe has a Vegetable Wellington and lots of good salad options.

Personally, I have to have a winning lottery ticket to afford shopping/eating at Whole Foods.

Last edited by mtngigi; 08-31-2011 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 12-15-2015, 01:17 PM

5,005 posts, read 6,681,120 times
This thread needs some updating know that Mike has brought it to our attention. For example - the Burrowing Owl is a vegan hangout on 8th Street. I tried it and liked it but it was a bit spicy for my mom. It uses a lot of "fake" meat, which I know some folks try to steer away from, but I don't mind.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:46 AM

4,328 posts, read 4,350,986 times
Default Yummy vegan fast food drive-through makes debut in Colorado Springs

Yummy vegan fast food drive-through makes debut in Colorado Springs | Colorado Springs Gazette, News

"Colorado Springs now has a vegan drive-through. That's right. Fast food, plant-style, has hit the Springs, and you just might find it worth the wait. And wait you will, because the popularity is staggering. Cars wind around Santana's Vegan Grill, a kiosk with old-fashioned fried food smells wafting through the service windows."

"The star on the menu is the deluxe bacon cheeseburger ($7.49). Come on. How could I resist? The meaty Beyond Burger, full of coconut fat that brings in all kinds of juicy flavor, is matched with crispy bacon and gloriously melting vegan cheese and some veggies for good measure - lettuce, onion and tomato count."

If that "Beyond Burger" is made from the new "Beyond Beef" patty, it would be worth a try. It would be from a famous startup funded by Silicon Valley zillionaires:

Beyond Meat - The Future of Protein™

The location is in the strip mall at Academy and Union boulevards. Has anyone here tried it?

Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 AM

I want to check this out. I'm not vegan but I do eat vegan 'meat' sometimes.

I also want to check out the other one mentioned in the paper yesterday - JP Fizzy's!

Old 04-26-2018, 10:52 AM

924 posts, read 1,030,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope07 View Post
Hi everyone, thought I would ask the wise ones out there this question.
Any vegetarian eating establishments in COS or the Monument area. We are coming to COS end of July, early August and my son particularly would like to know if there are any about. If there were any around the northgate area that would be great but any you know of really. And if anybody has eatern there what the food was like or even the customer service. My son may want to work part time at one of them and good to know what ones (if any) might be the better.
Thanks everyone in advance for your time to reply.
You may find these links useful:

https://www.csindy.com/coloradosprin...t?oid=10365310

https://www.csindy.com/coloradosprin...nt?oid=3011946

https://www.csindy.com/coloradosprin...nt?oid=2851122

There's even a Meetup group: https://www.csindy.com/coloradosprin...nt?oid=1376861

Old 04-27-2018, 10:40 PM

574 posts, read 623,583 times
There's now a second vegetarian restaurant on 8th Street called "Moxie". I haven't eaten there, but my neighbors told me the food is good. It's on the east side about halfway up the hill south of Walmart, right next to Rudy's (Mexican food).

Old 04-28-2018, 07:13 AM

I ate at Moxie's just last night for the first time. My companion and I ordered different things and then shared so that we each tasted a bit of everything. We both agreed the food and drinks were really good and neither of us is vegan, although we're not huge meat eaters, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs