Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:50 AM

24 posts, read 137,498 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, thought I would ask the wise ones out there this question.
Any vegetarian eating establishments in COS or the Monument area. We are coming to COS end of July, early August and my son particularly would like to know if there are any about. If there were any around the northgate area that would be great but any you know of really. And if anybody has eatern there what the food was like or even the customer service. My son may want to work part time at one of them and good to know what ones (if any) might be the better.
Thanks everyone in advance for your time to reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:22 AM

32 posts, read 207,441 times
Default Vegetarian options

Hello! I am new here but I am a huge fan of Whole Foods. They have many vegetarian options there as well as organic and conventionally grown/made items.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Whole Foods??

Thanks for that. Not having lived in the states for several years now and never living in Colorado, so this may seem like a silly question, but what is Whole Foods. Is it a grocery store or a restaurant. If if it is a grocery store is there a section where you can sit and eat or can you buy prepared sandwiches or meals etc... It sounds lovely though whatever it is.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:37 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,007,205 times
Default Whole Foods, aka Whole Paycheck

Whole Foods is a grocery chain, which just bought the Wild Oats chain. I've been to both, couldn't tell them apart except for the name on the door.

They sell organic and natural products, to include seafoods, poultry and meats. Usually a huge salad bar in the store, and tables to sit there and eat what you just bought.

There are some organic eateries in town. I think one is the Olive Branch in the downtown restaurant area on Tejon St. Also, use Search this Forum tool with key words like organic or vegetarian to find an old thread where we discussed this issue in the past, as there are more choices here.

s/Mike

Old 05-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Specifically vegetarian

Hi Mike, thanks for weighing in. I actually did do a search on the COS forum with vegetarian but only found two other threads. One mentioned a vegetarian recipe and one vegtables. Maybe I am missing something just discussing vegetarian restaurants or small cafes. I do see plenty of organic discussions but organic and vegetarian are two different things. You can have organic meat. We are just interested in specific vegetarian restaurants and if they are organic then all the better. I also found your restaurant suggestion on the internet. They have a veggie chilli but do not seem to have even a 'vegetarian' section of the menu. Which leads me to think are there even any vegetarian cafe / deli's around or is there even a demand for one. We are overseas at the moment and where we are they don't have just veggie cafe's but I know they are around in other parts of the country. But they do cater for vegetarians very nicely. Looked up the Whole Foods site too. Yummy, yummy...I am sure I will be afraid to go in there as will be hard to hold onto the wallet. As you said whole paycheck!
Not a huge issue for us but just wondering before we get there.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Thanks Mike.

Thanks Mike, you are the best. Great Info. Anyone having any personal experience would still love to hear from them. .

Old 05-28-2007, 03:25 PM

170 posts, read 761,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope07 View Post
Thanks Mike, you are the best. Great Info. Anyone having any personal experience would still love to hear from them. .
Hi!

Just moved here in February and I am a vegetarian. I'm not sure if there are any pure vegetarian restaurants here (Boulder has several)...but Adam's Mountain Cafe is very vegetarian friendly. Someone on the forum mentioned Whole Foods, they have a tomato/cheese panini that is fabulous and several other vegetarian options!! It is a hip grocery store but also has an eating section. I find that most restaurants I go to here I can usually find something to eat. Panera Bread has a great Mediterranean sandwich that is vegetarian and a couple of vegetarian soups also. Hope this helps.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Great news

Hi Minz, I was so excited when I read your post to hear there is a Panera Bread in COS. Last time we were at a Panera Bread was in Florida many years ago and so I was delighted to hear there is one there. Happy memories there! We loved that place!! I am just remembering about their bagels right now and I was a great fan of their soup. When you are overseas you forget these places and foods after a while but it is all coming back to me now (as they say..). Sounds like my son will love the cheese tomatoe panini and we will I am sure give the Adam's Mountain Cafe a try.
Thanks so much for those suggestions.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:45 PM

638 posts, read 2,280,260 times
Hope07 Im vegetarian and live in Woodland Park, west of Springs. There are not a lot of veggies around here, but Manitou Springs has some veggie/organic restaurants, thats about the only place you'll find vegetarians. My son is the only veg at his elementary school and has been for all 5 years of attendance. Denver has a lot more options, as does Boulder.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:31 PM

170 posts, read 761,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope07 View Post
Hi Minz, I was so excited when I read your post to hear there is a Panera Bread in COS. Last time we were at a Panera Bread was in Florida many years ago and so I was delighted to hear there is one there. Happy memories there! We loved that place!! I am just remembering about their bagels right now and I was a great fan of their soup. When you are overseas you forget these places and foods after a while but it is all coming back to me now (as they say..). Sounds like my son will love the cheese tomatoe panini and we will I am sure give the Adam's Mountain Cafe a try.
Thanks so much for those suggestions.
I went to Adam's Mountain Cafe recently and had their Planet burger...totally scrumptious and vegetarian. Even my meat-eating sister liked it and said she would get it next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs