Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:25 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone else that doesn't like Colorado Springs.I dislike this town alot and actually the whole state of Colorado.Theres no diversity here.It doesn't have a city feel to it.Im 15 years old and to me there is nothing to do here.All the people my age out here are boring.All the people out here always talk about the mountains or how great the weather is.I've lived here 2 years and the weather isn't that good.In the summer its really dry,in the winter you get a blizard every week,and in the spring it rains every day.If I was old enough I would move back to my hometown Cleveland right now.Oh and at the schools out here the kids all try and be funny all the time even when what there saying is usually not the least bit funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 09:38 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Thanks for posting. You must be having a bad day or something. There are tons of things to do here, turn off your PC and go do them. Trust me, when you are 30 years old, you'll appreciate this city.

Advice from someone 4 times your age: Study your brains out, get in a great university, get all the learning you can. Then, go where you want, be who or what you want. Like a wise person once said "living well is the best revenge."

s/Mike from back east
Living very well in Colorado Springs

Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 AM

22 posts, read 88,126 times
You sounds like most 15yr old city kids I know. Not enough to do other than play. Get a job at least. I am sorry you don't seem to have any friends but it takes being a friend to have a friend. You are homesick. Too bad you were moved at that age. It is harder to adjust. But the army kids do it all the time. So you are not alone. Don't be such a crab and join in. You are comparing everything to home. You are homesick and are not giving the other kids a chance to even like you. Who wants to be a friend to someone with the attitude you have. Lighten up.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:45 AM

I already have plans to move back to Cleveland and every summer till I move back there for good Im going to be staying there.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:31 PM

431 posts, read 2,793,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I already have plans to move back to Cleveland and every summer till I move back there for good Im going to be staying there.
Sorry you have no intentions of trying something different. By not staying the summers, you are telling me. You don't want or will not look around and enjoying your experiences, until such time you can go back to CT to live full time. It is a shame. There are so many things in so many places to not get yourself the chance to see. Your loss, I am afraid.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:54 PM

The only other place I would ever want to live at would be Chicago cause its very diverse,and there is alot of things to do there.The main reason I don't like Colorado is because Im an urban living person and Colorado is all spread out even Denver.Ive been to Denver 6 times and wasn't inpressed by it.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:15 PM

48 posts, read 313,211 times
per previous posts, this is coming from someone (CTownNative) that actually wants to live in a bad neighborhood. I'm originally from Chicago. It's a great city and everything, but I definitely wouldn't want to live in one of the bad areas. So I guess there aren't too many of those in COS then. Good! Even more reason to move there.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:39 PM

638 posts, read 2,280,362 times
CTown Denver is more diverse, and sorry you dont like the Springs. I dont like it either and I'm from Denver. Sometimes a place is just not right for you, and there is nothing to be done. Follow your gut, if you cant stand it in the Springs then get back to where you love it, life is too short to spend miserable. But FYI when I was in High school kids were the same, I couldnt wait to get out. Follow Mikes advice, go to college for something necessary and get a great job, I bet theres great colleges in Cleveland waiting for you!

Old 05-31-2007, 03:35 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,920,312 times
CT-
Our son moved out here with us. He shared many of your feelings, and a year after high school, he moved back to SoCal. He has done well and is attending a community college and working full time. Our daughters stayed in SoCal, finishing school and working. They like CO, but prefer the faster lifestyle that SoCal offers. Everyone has different preferences and those will likely change as you age. I agree with Mike-
Quote:
Advice from someone 4 times your age: Study your brains out, get in a great university, get all the learning you can. Then, go where you want, be who or what you want. Like a wise person once said "living well is the best revenge."
A little work now will save you a whole lot of grief later.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:35 PM

I know Im not going to stay in Colorado.I already have a plan which is to get a job when I get back from Cleveland this summer.Then Im going to my last year of High school in Cleveland in 2009.After I finish High school with the money I earn from my job Im going to move to Chicagoland probably Hammond.I've been there before and its close to Chicago and its a pretty diverse midsized suburb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs