U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 AM

38 posts, read 178,560 times

Advertisements

Just a little advo for my personal fave...Gunther Toody's at Palmer Park and Powers as well as the Woodmen location...Monday is kids eat free night...1 kid meal with paid adult meal,and Wednesday is buy a burger,get a burger for a nickel night,but you must purchase a drink besides water to get the nickel discount to apply...great kid friendly environment,meals are HUGE and tasty,and everyone is friendly in the restaurant...balloons and coloring sheets for the kiddos..as well as game machines and candy machines,plus free sundaes with kids meals for after...just my 2 pennies..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 10:40 AM

109 posts, read 352,556 times
Default Casa Bonita is a must see

Do not forget about Casa Bonita in Denver. Kids will LOVE IT!!!!! I mean where can you go to see folks diving really high into a earthy looking pool. Lot's of other kid stuff going on. A must go!! Food service is cafeteria style as well as taste, but it's for the "children" now isn't it....LOL

Here's a description of their store copied from "Wikipedia". It features strolling mariachis, flame jugglers, and a 30-foot waterfall with cliff divers. Casa Bonita is designed to be an entertaining place for children and adults alike, although it is obvious that the children are the primary audience. It also has a small puppet theater, a "haunted tunnel" called Black Bart's Cave, an arcade with a large skee-ball room, and a magic theater. The building is over 52,000 square feet and has seating for approximately 4,000 customers.

Here's a link to their website: Casa Bonita - the fun Mexican restaurant in Denver

Old 06-30-2007, 05:59 PM

18 posts, read 88,635 times
Default funny how adults who complain about kids...

always seem to never have kids...interesting eh? Get a remote control robot!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:02 PM

15 posts, read 90,190 times
I would definitely agree w/ the suggestions of Poor Richard's and Gunther Toody's. Also, Red Robin is very family oriented & has a location on Powers (near Target) and one at the Citadel Mall.

I have 2 children under age 3 - and while my 1 year old is not the neatest eater, the kids are reasonably quiet and well behaved when we are out. My 3 year old is old enough to be know that we use quiet voices in a restaurant, sit on our bottoms, etc. Children have different limits for how long they can manage to sit still, be quiet etc...but I believe it is possible to enjoy dinner out as a family.

We keep dining out pleasant by

1. mainly choosing family friendly restaurants
2. Eating on the early side for dinner so the children aren't ravenous or exhausted
3. Picking up take-out from places where the dining conditions might not be suitable for young children.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 AM

34 posts, read 108,994 times
We're fans of the Black Bear Diner on Academy. It's a small homey chain from CA with good food in large portions and a nice kid's menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs