Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moved from Colorado Springs to Florida, CS has endless outdoor activities, friendly people, excellent weather, good shopping, bad drivers only negative

Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 PM

12 posts, read 46,330 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone,

Since ya'll helped us out so much before the move I figured I'd try to pass along some info for anyone else looking at moving here. So far, my fiancee have absolutely loved the springs. The weather has been awesome and have only turned the a/c on once since we've been out here which is a nice change from florida. The views of the mountains and pikes peak are so beautiful. I never really notoiced the difference between CS and Denver until I took my father to the airport the other day, but CS is sooooo much prettier. Also, I've lived in large cities and small cities, but the folks here seem so much nicer than alot of areas, everybody says hi and smiles at you....very refreshing to say the least. The shopping is also great. All of the big box stores you'd need with enough little shops to add some spice. Last but not least, the outdoor activities are endless. We've already gone day hiking and have several camping trips in the works.

The only negative I can see is indeed the drivers are a bit crazy here, which is weird seeing as my car insurance is dropping some 400 dollars between here and florida. The tailgating is extreme (almost every accident I've seen has been a rear-end collision and I have seen more than one accident each day) and do not use your turning signal to change lanes because you'll never get over. Part of the deal I guess.

CS is up to this point so much more than I could've hoped for. If you're looking to move and CS is on your look list. I would definitely reccommend at least taking a weekend to come out here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 11:15 PM

48 posts, read 291,624 times
I am so glad that you enjoy the city. Col Sprgs was my childhood home, and I still have many fond memorys of it. It is such a perfect place in so many ways. I can now see why it was ranked as the best BIG city in America. Because, IT IS! Even though I now live in Denver-Boulder, I still love going down the road to my old stomping grounds. While I love Boulder and Denver, Col Sprgs will always be one of my favorite places to visit in the entire world! Not just because of family, but because of the qualtiy of life.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM

13 posts, read 52,627 times
That is sooo awesome to hear!!!! Im not too concerned with bad drivers, anything will be a break after dealing with the drivers here in Belgium.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:13 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner View Post
Hey Everyone,

Since ya'll helped us out so much before the move I figured I'd try to pass along some info for anyone else looking at moving here. So far, my fiancee have absolutely loved the springs. The weather has been awesome and have only turned the a/c on once since we've been out here which is a nice change from florida. The views of the mountains and pikes peak are so beautiful. I never really notoiced the difference between CS and Denver until I took my father to the airport the other day, but CS is sooooo much prettier. Also, I've lived in large cities and small cities, but the folks here seem so much nicer than alot of areas, everybody says hi and smiles at you....very refreshing to say the least. The shopping is also great. All of the big box stores you'd need with enough little shops to add some spice. Last but not least, the outdoor activities are endless. We've already gone day hiking and have several camping trips in the works.

The only negative I can see is indeed the drivers are a bit crazy here, which is weird seeing as my car insurance is dropping some 400 dollars between here and florida. The tailgating is extreme (almost every accident I've seen has been a rear-end collision and I have seen more than one accident each day) and do not use your turning signal to change lanes because you'll never get over. Part of the deal I guess.

CS is up to this point so much more than I could've hoped for. If you're looking to move and CS is on your look list. I would definitely reccommend at least taking a weekend to come out here.
I agree with the driving thing. I love the Springs too, but people keep giving me the finger when I drive too slow. I have wa plate, and I don't know I don't know where the turn offs are all the time. Its takes me a little longer. I figure they are not as patient with the out of stater that I am. I went to the sports store and got me a nice Denver Bronco bumper sticker for the back of my car. I actually think that made a difference. Makes my car much more valuable too (biggest Bronco fan, not actually living in colorado). Im glad to hear someone else has this experience. Now I know Im not crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs