U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:18 AM

19,391 posts, read 9,138,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Or perhaps you'd be expected to pay for services rendered just like you would for any other item you purchase off a shelf or any other service provided? It astounds me to see the arrogance some have in expecting the medical profession to simply eat the cost of caring for those who don't have the means to pay for it.

How many auto mechanics do you know who do pro bono work? Are regulated to do it by law? Yet people need cars to get to work and manage to pay for it.

I'm not impressed.

I'll also note that the rest of the "developed world" is going broke at an even faster rate than the United States.
First, there's a little bit of difference between deciding to have your oil changed and the absolute need to be treated for a heart attack, for example.

Second, when you say, "It astounds me to see the arrogance"...I didn't notice an ounce of arrogance in the original poster's message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 05:11 PM

18 posts, read 146,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
Or perhaps you'd be expected to pay for services rendered just like you would for any other item you purchase off a shelf or any other service provided? It astounds me to see the arrogance some have in expecting the medical profession to simply eat the cost of caring for those who don't have the means to pay for it.

How many auto mechanics do you know who do pro bono work? Are regulated to do it by law? Yet people need cars to get to work and manage to pay for it.

I'm not impressed.

I'll also note that the rest of the "developed world" is going broke at an even faster rate than the United States.
I never asked for free services, only a place that could possibly not force me to pay up front and would accept a payment plan. This was posted a long time ago; I now live in Denver, have (payed) health insurance for both my kids and myself, and give back to the community as it has helped us in the past. I'm very thankful I did find the place I went to back then, as without them, my child would have endured horrible pain for a very long time. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but not everyone is looking a free ride.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,222,866 times
Thank you for posting where you found a location. So many on here come on here with questions but then never respond on where they ended up going. Kudos! Hope all is better!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:22 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,643,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
With no insurance be prepared to pay in cash up front. If you cannot do that, go to any hospital emergency room. By law, they must treat emergencies.
Which hospitals in COS have such emergency rooms?

Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 AM

20,421 posts, read 38,045,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Which hospitals in COS have such emergency rooms?
All four of them do.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:08 PM

1,706 posts, read 2,947,474 times
If you have a student that attends a school in D49, there is a Falcon clinic to which they can go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs