U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 PM

18 posts, read 145,638 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info on where i can take my sick daughter w/no insurance and no upfront fees?

Thank you so much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,191,883 times
does CSHP+ still exist? it used to be medical insurance based on income...

Old 06-13-2007, 07:57 AM

it does, but we didnt qualify for it. well, we used to be on medicaid, and when it came time to renew, our worker said to go ahead and make appts, because looking over our info we still will qualify. BUT.....about 6 months later we got bills in the mail from dr's saying our medicaid isnt active. then 6 months after that we finally got a medicaid letter saying we didnt qualify.
very slow process and we need something quick.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:14 PM

4,330 posts, read 4,354,278 times
With no insurance be prepared to pay in cash up front. If you cannot do that, go to any hospital emergency room. By law, they must treat emergencies.

Someday, this country might join the rest of the developed world and offer national Health care.

Our current system is similar to communist China. If you can't pay, you're screwed.

Michael Moore's new film "Sicko" shows starting June 29. Don't miss it.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:08 PM

thanks, vision67

we did find a place on Pikes Peak, an Immediate Care Clinic. We paid $20, including a strep test - where her reg. dr. was going to charge $85, plus extra for a strep test. the wait was about 10 minutes total, and her reg doctor we would have been waiting for an hour. guess it was meant to be!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 12,681 times
im glad things workedout for u.i wish u the best of luck in life with u and your daughter.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:54 AM

268 posts, read 1,020,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bAREFOOTgIRLY View Post
thanks, vision67

we did find a place on Pikes Peak, an Immediate Care Clinic. We paid $20, including a strep test - where her reg. dr. was going to charge $85, plus extra for a strep test. the wait was about 10 minutes total, and her reg doctor we would have been waiting for an hour. guess it was meant to be!

Ahhh, the free market at work. Glad things worked out for you.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:52 PM

540 posts, read 1,063,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
With no insurance be prepared to pay in cash up front. If you cannot do that, go to any hospital emergency room. By law, they must treat emergencies.

Someday, this country might join the rest of the developed world and offer national Health care.
\
Or perhaps you'd be expected to pay for services rendered just like you would for any other item you purchase off a shelf or any other service provided? It astounds me to see the arrogance some have in expecting the medical profession to simply eat the cost of caring for those who don't have the means to pay for it.

How many auto mechanics do you know who do pro bono work? Are regulated to do it by law? Yet people need cars to get to work and manage to pay for it.

I'm not impressed.

I'll also note that the rest of the "developed world" is going broke at an even faster rate than the United States.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:23 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,161,627 times
Emergy Care - there are several locations in Colorado Springs. You can pay with Visa / MasterCard
Also, call Memorial Hospital.
there's also an Urgent Care clinic (I think it's owned by memorial??)

Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 AM

18,895 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMichelle View Post
Also, call Memorial Hospital.
there's also an Urgent Care clinic (I think it's owned by memorial??)
Yes, in fact I visited there yesterday (just checking it out in case I have a blood pressure emergency). It is located just north of Research on North Union, and is not too far from Memorial North.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs