Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,399 times

Advertisements

Hello! Recently I have considered the move from Cleveland, Ohio to Colorado Springs. I would be staying with the same company so my job is secure. I have always lived in Ohio so I think I'd like to move to experience a different part of the country (furthest I've ever been away from Ohio is South Carolina). I also have very bad allergies so I would think the weather would be much nicer in the Springs. I am an active person but mainly into basketball and weight training. I could see myself getting into other outdoor activities as well though! How is the atmosphere in Colorado Springs? I'd be moving to a new city 1,200 miles from home where I don't know a single person. It would be nice to move to a friendly place. Would you say Colorado Springs has a more laid back atmosphere than Cleveland? I'm almost 24 years old so I would still like to be able to "go out" and have a fun time so a decent night life would be awesome too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
Im from Cleveland too(Euclid), I lived there from birth until I was 13, so I've lived in the Springs the last 5 years. Anyways, it will be a big change moving from Cleveland to Colorado Springs. As far as the people go, to me its more laid back, although I remember people in Cleveland being pretty nice and laid back too. But its pretty easy to make friends out here. Cleveland definetly has better nightlife obviouslly, the best area for nightlife in Colorado Springs is downtown on a street named Tejon. They have alot of bars and clubs, and on Friday and Saturday nights it seems pretty happening. But we're only 60 miles from Denver, so the nightlife up there is really good from what I hear. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Also one last thing, Imo, you'll be moving from one great place to another. They are different, but once you get use to it most people end up really liking Colorado Springs. Oh and the weather is nicer in Colorado Springs to Imo. Its more sunny for most of the year than Cleveland. But C Springs is more dry, while Cleveland can get really humid in the summer. And when its cold out here, it doesn't feel as bitter cold as it did in Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs