U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 03:21 PM

13 posts, read 48,793 times

Advertisements

I have been searching apartments and have pretty much made my mind up that I would like to live at Village East on Hathaway Dr, or Ridgeview Place Apartment Homes on Knoll Lane... I really like the place on Knoll lane because it is close to Palmer Park.

I was just wondering a few things... which is the best cell-phone provider, and I am open ears to tv/internet packages. Its been 2 years since I have lived in the states and I am really wanting to get it right when I move.

Anyother apartment suggestions? Im single and need something less than 750 a month. I prefer a garage, but from what I have read on here it doesnt matter.

Thanks and I am so looking forward to moving. Belgium is fun and all, but I miss the american way of life so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 12:38 AM

55 posts, read 350,403 times
Cell phone provider -- we have Verizon Wireless, no problems. I'd probably just go with whatever the best deal you can find at the time. You'll always get a better deal online, with a retailer like wirefly or something like that.

Cable TV -- If you're going cable in COS, no choice but Comcast (bought out Adelphia). Their specials aren't too bad, make sure to ask for them. There are satellite options but probably not recommended if you're renting an apartment.

High Speed Internet -- I prefer cable internet, so again, no choice but comcast (bundle it with your tv). There are DSL options out there, but depending on where you live, not as reliable/fast as cable internet.

Apartments -- can't help if you're preferring to stay closer to Palmer Park. I'll always recommend Northwest primarily, or Northeast as a second choice. I'd suggest checking rentclicks.com. You can even find some really nice privately owned condo units in the NW for under $750. As you already know, most won't have garages but you may find carports more easily.

Good luck!

Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 AM

I feel like I have just abotu made up my mind on the apartment... I really like the location and getting to Peterson AFB is important.

I tried to look at the package prices on Comcast, but without a street address you cant get a quote on the prices for the bundles. Thanks and looking forward to moving!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,191,883 times
Be sure to read the fine print on your providers!
I signed up with qwest wireless years ago/once upon a time and got 6000 minutes and cell to cell to home free for only $39.99 a month. Also, I signed up with Adelphia/Comcast once upon a time for a special with no expiration which I made them keep..DSL & cable (channels 2-77) for $34.99 monthly.
Both companies have tried to "upgrade" or something or another but I won't change because I know I am getting a heck of a deal.
LOL....

Old 06-22-2007, 09:49 AM

yes I have lived through some horrible mistakes by companies "upgrading" my contracts. upgrades usually are only upgrading the money in their pockets

Old 06-27-2007, 08:25 AM

649 posts, read 2,649,322 times
Hey there-

If you are looking to save money on all of that stuff. Qwest has their bundle packages and I have found those to be great. I saved on $$ but also, I only had one bill a month for cable (which is direct tv), cell, phone and internet (dsl very fast). Qwest uses Sprint's satellites for their cell phone services. I have Sprint and am very happy with it. I have also used Qwest for cell phone and was happy their aswell. We love our bundle package! bashep

Old 07-01-2007, 02:21 PM

Thanks man!!! Thats kind of what I am looking for. I will have to check into it for sure when I get there.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 AM

15 posts, read 90,190 times
to the OP - I would highly recommend Western Hills apt. over Village East. The properties are side by side but Village East has had many crime problems. I lived in the Western Hills apt. when we first moved to CS 4 years ago - quiet, nice neighbors for the most part, well maintained property. For apartments on the east side - this is one of the better ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs