U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2007, 09:41 PM

8 posts, read 58,354 times

Advertisements

We just got out here 2 weeks ago with 3 4-wheelers and was wondering if anyone out here knew of any trails that allows atv's in the area. Anything would be great help. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 11:58 AM

431 posts, read 2,499,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiY View Post
We just got out here 2 weeks ago with 3 4-wheelers and was wondering if anyone out here knew of any trails that allows atv's in the area. Anything would be great help. Thank you!!
LIke everything else some people abuse the right and tear up trails by digging out, don't stay on etc. The trails are being cut back allowing for that reason. People just either don't care or don't think. I am farther south of you and I know of a couple places that it is allowed big time. I used to ride (Horseback in the areas but no more, get run over) Texas Creek area up the Arkansas River canyon and Marshall Pass beyond Salida. There are more but those I know the most about. I am sure the people at Texas Creek will fill you in because they rent the machines out. Google ATV Trails, Colorado. They even have maps.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:26 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,190,072 times
Pueblo has an ATV park, there is also one up by Woodland Park by Manitou Lake (is that the name of it, by Painted Rocks?), and we like to go up by Terryall Lake on BLM land- you can also camp. The turn off we use is right after Round Mtn Campground, off of HWY 24

Old 06-19-2007, 05:19 PM

8 posts, read 58,354 times
Thanks guys, Ill look into these. I tried to look online but you have to pay for most of the trails and info. Ive been a member of this site for awhile so I thought it would be a good way to find out...

Old 06-19-2007, 08:35 PM

431 posts, read 2,499,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiY View Post
Thanks guys, Ill look into these. I tried to look online but you have to pay for most of the trails and info. Ive been a member of this site for awhile so I thought it would be a good way to find out...
Visit the NF and BLM offices. They have maps that will be marked for ATV trail in those public lands. You have to buy the maps of coarse. They should be able to answer some questions as to the does and don'ts. Depending on the person you get to talk to. So many don't do anything in the field anymore. They only are behind computers. But they should be able to tell you where and who is in the field.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 11,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Pueblo has an ATV park, there is also one up by Woodland Park by Manitou Lake (is that the name of it, by Painted Rocks?), and we like to go up by Terryall Lake on BLM land- you can also camp. The turn off we use is right after Round Mtn Campground, off of HWY 24
Just reading this post and was wondering where terryall lake is. I am wanting to take my kids camping by a lake with a place for the dirt bikes and atv..
Can you give me directions from the springs.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:07 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,190,072 times
Hwy 24 west. You will go through Woodland Park, Divide, Florrisant, Lake George. You will see Hwy 77/ Terryall sign shortly after you pass the exit for Eleven Mile. We go camping off of road 31, right after the Round Mountain Campground sign, after the slight bend. If you mapqwest Lake George and then find the area I am talking about, you will see the area/roads I am talking about. SHHHHH! Don't tell anyone else! GRIN. Oh, and IF you can get THE spot, there is a camping spot at the edge of Terryall where is a waterfall. Your sight, the only camping site right there, sits next the waterfall (really a spillway into the creek, but it looks like a natural waterfall). Kids can play in the creek, go ATVing, etc. It is a difficult spot to get though. We usually like to camp off of 31. You drive down, go over a cattle guard, and then shortly you see a road that is gated off with a make-shift wire fence to the right. There are quite a few sites down there. Lots of ATV trails. But, there are plenty of spaces with lots of space! THere are also places where groups can go.
HAVE A BLAST!

Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 17,402 times
Good to hear there are ATV trails out there. Been looking at the Woodland Park area to relocate to. Am also a snowmobiler so I am assuming there are many areas to go to out there for that as well, correct?

What type of riding is it for atving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs