U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 AM

2 posts, read 6,238 times
Default Scenic Spots for Great Photos

Hi everyone...

i'm travelling from Australia into US in July next month for a business trip.
However, i have a few days taht i will be able to do some sight seeing to myself.

I'm an avid photo-enthusiast who like to take nice scenic shots...
I will be in Salt Lake and Colorado on 2 separate weekends.

Would appreciate if someone would advise on where would be good spots to take photos.
I can also venture out and take a short flight to some location if there's better views...

cheers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:26 AM

279 posts, read 412,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by championboxer View Post
Hi everyone...

i'm travelling from Australia into US in July next month for a business trip.
However, i have a few days taht i will be able to do some sight seeing to myself.

I'm an avid photo-enthusiast who like to take nice scenic shots...
I will be in Salt Lake and Colorado on 2 separate weekends.

Would appreciate if someone would advise on where would be good spots to take photos.
I can also venture out and take a short flight to some location if there's better views...

cheers...

G'day.....Colorado is full of scenic areas for photography, but I can best speak for the area I live (migrated here only a few years ago from Aus, so I'm still exploring).

Have a look at Rocky Mountain National Park. Also the small town of Grand Lake (where I live) which is on the western entrance is beautiful. There are 3 lakes, waterfalls, and just some amazing scenery in this area. Could also try Pikes Peak which is close to Colorado Springs. I haven't been there yet but seen some spectacular photos from friends. It's definately on my "to do" list.

Have fun....

Old 06-22-2010, 08:17 AM

579 posts, read 279,298 times
coloradoguy.com is the place to start...Steve has already taken beautiful photos everywhere in Colorado..

Old 06-22-2010, 09:59 AM

5,457 posts, read 13,498,252 times
Just about anywhere from the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific Ocean is a great photo shoot.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM

9,692 posts, read 11,342,791 times
There are tons of places. You can pretty much throw a dart on a map anywhere and be able to get some decent photos.

I like Hwy 82, Independence Pass, Twin Lakes to Aspen. Hwy 24 Minturn to Buena Vista is good.

Around Salt Lake, some of the county roads out of Park City up into the mountains are good. If you want desert, Bonneville Speedway is a good place.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 PM

3,660 posts, read 4,685,361 times
Hmmm... where to begin?

Well, here's a few spots that come to mind:

1. Maroon Bells (Colorado)
2. Rocky Mountain National Park (take the highway that does a high-altitude loop around the north end)

Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM

535 posts, read 927,925 times
For a different taste, head out on the plains and catch a thunderstorm rolling off the mountains or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado