U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 02:12 PM

3,133 posts, read 8,922,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
^

This is why I am glad I live in the Banana belt. Sure at times it can be annoying when I want snow or rain but overall Pueblo has better weather then most cities in the state for major events. I mean last night I had no clue everyone else had rain till a friend told me as it was nice with temps in the 90's early cooling off to the 80's with a light breeze. Then at 12:30 when it did rain it was perfect to make sure all the fall off from the "illegal" fireworks was out since Pueblo is good about the 4th and does not enforce that lame law.
My neighbor who owns a body shop said the shops down in Pueblo are still repairing cars from the July 2009 storm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 02:19 PM

12,074 posts, read 19,977,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
My neighbor who owns a body shop said the shops down in Pueblo are still repairing cars from the July 2009 storm.
I bet that was a bad, but a fun storm. Don't get me wrong Pueblo gets rain, hail and snow. I can even think of a few nice blizzards, the record being in 1983 when we got 2 feet of snow in 24 hours. That being said on average its usually warmer and with less moisture but can be more humid here then most of the state due to our location south of Pikes Peak in the lowest spot on I-25 between Monument hill and Raton Pass. In fact from downtown you pretty much go uphill in every direction and that is why we have the large levees we do on both the Arkansas river and Fountain River otherwise downtown would flood as it did a lot before they built them after the major flood in 1921. That is, also, why Pueblo was able to get the reservoir built and paid for by the federal government. However, that topic is for another thread.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:17 PM

16,885 posts, read 7,999,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
You have PMS.... Permanently Muggy Sump, which pretty much describes east coast weather, BTDT, for 57 years.

Happy 4th to you. We've a bottle of Schramsburg chilling in the fridge for later after fireworks at the USAF Academy.
Well, on the other hand, I was looking forward to my last evening of staying at the Drury Inn before moving into the townhouse...I would be able to see the AF Academy from my hotel room window. Then the 8:30 weather report said golf ball sized hail was occurring just 15 miles NE of Colorado Springs...and it did look scary...any I have a new car, which I certainly didn't want damaged by hail. So off to the townhouse I went where I could put my car in the garage...and enjoyed some of the worst thunderstorm cells I have ever experienced from about 9 - 2 a.m.

Ah well...natural fireworks...plus some rather normal (?) hail.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM

20,021 posts, read 37,085,290 times
Hail is a regular visitor east of the mountains, usually small stuff but we get the larger stuff often enough. COLO leads the nation in deaths by lightning strikes, but only 3 deaths in the last 50 years for tornados.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 PM

138 posts, read 284,738 times
The reason we dont go to Boston is because everyone tries to grope the ladies and the people are awful and disgusting. I'd rather sit at home in Dedham and watch our fireworks and all the neighbors fireworks go off and just look down the street as the cop drives down the street just watching them.

the 4th of July was fun and Im glad Pueblo had a good festivity

Old 07-05-2010, 11:05 PM

299 posts, read 776,369 times
The best fireworks display in Pueblo didn't take place on the riverwalk, it took place on the east side! I sat in my front yard last night and could see a great fireworks show in every direction. The best part is, I didn't have to pay a dime for it! (well, I did buy an 18-pack of Coors Light )

Old 07-05-2010, 11:51 PM

12,074 posts, read 19,977,194 times
It was the same way all over town. I think Puebloans light the most "illegal" fireworks of any city in the state but I could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado