U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-09-2010, 12:42 PM

401 posts, read 552,880 times
I wish you good luck in finding a good place in the Denver area.
I too and looking to relocate my family from Tampa, FL to Denver area (originally from Metairie, LA).

I am curious to hear where ya'll end up.

LAFrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRenee View Post
Culture shock I know ;-)

My husband has been transferred to Commerce City. I have trying to research the area and everything I have read doesn't seem like a place I'd want to reside.

Anyone can tell me towns located via a 30 minute commute that we could possibly move to? I have heard Cherry Creek School District is good- what town is that in- Aurora? Is that a safe town?

My main objective is a) SCHOOLS and b) HOUSING. We would like to live in a nice subdivision in a good school district.

Any advice would help. We have less than a month to go (just found out yesterday we are leaving) !

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 08:56 PM

118 posts, read 136,603 times
Thanks!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 AM

PM me and let me know how and where you end up in the Denver area.
Also, let me know how you and your family adjust.

Noticed you are from Carencro, LA. WOW!! My mother's family is from Anraudville.

Quote:
Thanks!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:36 AM

OMGoodness that is crazy LAFrench! My husbands family is from Arnaudville and my son goes to Beau Chene High School :-) Small Small World isn't it!

Old 07-12-2010, 12:47 PM

YES, it is.
I am so happy for you and your family.
I just wish we could be moving there soon, as well.
Let me know how it all turns out for ya'll.

Best wishes!!

LaFrench

Quote:
OMGoodness that is crazy LAFrench! My husbands family is from Arnaudville and my son goes to Beau Chene High School :-) Small Small World isn't it!

Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 AM

How is it going on the house search in CO?
I hope all is going well. Please keep in touch and let me know how it is going for ya'll.
PM if you prefer.

LaFrench

Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 PM

299 posts, read 396,668 times
Moving here from LA will be quite an adjustment. We live in Louisiana for 4 years and I can tell you, you're going to find the people here to be quite different! Overall it's a very livable place, you'll probably enjoy the very low humidity (nice break from LA).

Where in LA are you moving from??

Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Opps, missed the reference above about where you are from!! I've driven through there on the way to Mama's Fried Chicken up in Opelousas

Old 07-15-2010, 03:22 PM

We never eat in Opelousas so not sure where that's at ;-) Where are you from in Louisiana?

My cousin moved up there and said the people aren't like they are at home. First year she was asked WHAT after repeating herself several times. Our "slang" isn't understood as well. I know I will get "Where is that accent from" but I'm a talker so it will open me up to a more diverse set of people. Speaking of hot if you are here it's like 100 out there and the humidity is HORRIBLE! The break in weather will be nice. I hope we are welcomed with open arms kinda sad since we have been living in the South our entire life.

Where did you live here and where do you live there?

Old 07-15-2010, 03:34 PM

We're not from LA but we lived in Baton Rouge for a few years. I love it down there! I was doing a project for the Department of Social Services for a few years and when Katrina hit us, I got extended for a long time.

The people are different, for sure. But then again, Louisiana is much more unique and different than just about anywhere in the US (in my experience) so just about everywhere is different from LA except maybe some small parts of TX, MS, and Alabama.

Get ready for your 'slang' to be a foreign language.

You'll be welcomed, don't worry. It will just be in a different way than you are used to.

When you arrive, you can join me on my search for a truly good andoulle sausage so I can cook up a batch of jambalaya. There are some Louisiana style restaurants around town and they do a decent job, although I long for a bowl of gumbo from Pat's in Henderson... oh man, the good stuff...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado