U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 AM

3 posts, read 9,096 times
Default Fowler, Colorado

Hi Everyone!
My nephew and his family are currently in the process of moving to Fowler, Colorado. Even though I used to live in Colorado, I have never been to Fowler. He is going to pastor a little Baptist Church there, and I am very curious about the size and reputation of the town. Can anyone fill me in?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 08:52 AM

1,931 posts, read 4,346,692 times
Doisv, You might want to consider reposting this in the COLORADO section, this area is for front range Colorado Springs..you might get more hits that way. Good luck!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,537,135 times
Fowler is a small town on the eastern plains, east of Pueblo. You can't even see the mountains from there. Population 1200, a quarter of which are 65 and older. Probably an old farming/ranching community, losing the younger population, not much in the way of economic base. Very hot in the summer. We were just down that way last weekend, and it was already hot, hot, hot. Also, tornados and severe storms blow through there periodically.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:20 PM

4 posts, read 13,010 times
Doesn't sound like the kind of place one would like to be, just MHO...

Old 06-24-2007, 08:36 AM

186 posts, read 644,155 times
Default Fowler

I pass through there from one to four times a year, usually. It seems like a typical eastern Colorado small town. I do remember eating at the Stockman's Restaurant and the food was good and people inside seemed nice, but that's been some years back. It's not usually where I stop now for other reasons.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 AM

Wink Fowler CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Doisv, You might want to consider reposting this in the COLORADO section, this area is for front range Colorado Springs..you might get more hits that way. Good luck!
Thanks for the feed back. Got a couple of hits, and they sure don't seem to favor Flowler. But...too late. They are there, and so far, loving it.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Thanks~ Atleast they have a good resturant, and from the replies I've been getting, thats pretty much all. Except now...they have a fine Church.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorisv View Post
Hi Everyone!
My nephew and his family are currently in the process of moving to Fowler, Colorado. Even though I used to live in Colorado, I have never been to Fowler. He is going to pastor a little Baptist Church there, and I am very curious about the size and reputation of the town. Can anyone fill me in?
I live in Fowler but am having to relocate for family reasons. We have thoroughly enjoyed out time spent in Fowler. it was a beautiful little town about 1200 people, but a severe drought several years ago destroyed a lot of lawns, etc. But it is coming back again. There is a fantastic 9-hole golf course there that is very inexpensive to play and become a member. In excellent shape it is. the town is very friendly. Quite a few restaurants for a town that size, lots of different churches to choose from. it does get pretty warm in the summer, but it is dry and so not too bad. But also it is quite mild most of the wintertime. We played golfed many a days during the winters. Fairly close to the mountains and larger towns/cities only 40 minutes away for any type of shopping, entertainment, etc. you would want. And Denver is only 2-1/2 hours away for any Bronco/Rockies, etc fans.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:50 AM

8,096 posts, read 13,050,893 times
Go Grizzlies! An old rival of my Rye High School Thunderbolts! I do believe that Fowler will rise again!

If you come to Colorado and you find yourself not wanting to live in the Rat-Race that is the Front Range AND find yourself hating Fowler, then move to Westcliffe...and visa versa.

One thing I do know about Fowler and Manzanola; when you drive through there, watch your speed.

It's an Ark Valley town that has a little river running through it. These two pics were taken a bit east of there, but right now, the Arkansas looks a bit like this;

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado