U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:49 AM

23 posts, read 86,340 times

Advertisements

I wish it were MORE humid. LOL I love Missouri and the humidity. I hate this dry weather. A while back, our humidity here was 7%! That is dryer than the sahara! I have a son who has horrible eczema and dry skin and he is miserable here. I HATE always feeling dry, always having to put on globs of lotion and lip balm. I can't wait till I am in a position to move out of here. Just being honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,162,647 times
I`ve lived in a very humid climate too but my body has adjusted to the dry air now which I love.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,747,091 times
I have felt the humidity since I moved here in May. This idea that the heat along the Front Range is dry is an outright lie. Denver may be less humid than Houston or New Orleans, but it is much more humid than Las Vegas or Phoenix.

Even on the day we got to 102 last week it was still too humid. There is nothing worse than the combination of the humidity and the nearby agricultural fields. The odor is embarrassing and unbearable!

Old 07-22-2010, 02:14 PM

884 posts, read 1,424,812 times
Humidity? What humidity? Go visit my family in Atlanta or Miami and then complain about humidity.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM

4,591 posts, read 8,636,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Anybody else getting tired of this humidity that we`ve been having a lot lately? We are suppose to be getting more rain next week which means more humidity.
I think it's a welcome change.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:54 AM

7,743 posts, read 16,176,243 times
No complaints from me ( well maybe I am compalining about the humidity. I hate that sticky feeling! ). However in spite of my complaint, I tremendously enjoy the rain, when it actually does rain. We can always use more rain in this desert. It was so humid one recent day, that I thought I may have passed thru a wormhole that led me back to Virginia Beach. On another recent day the temp was only 93 but the humidity was higher than usual and it felt as hot to me as 105 on a day when the humidity is in the single digit range. The humidity seems to magnify the heat.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:04 PM

2,185 posts, read 3,758,484 times
Colorado in general has the most perfect weather you can find anywhere in the US... except for maybe some areas of California.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:04 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,558,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
No complaints from me ( well maybe I am compalining about the humidity. I hate that sticky feeling! ). However in spite of my complaint, I tremendously enjoy the rain, when it actually does rain. We can always use more rain in this desert. It was so humid one recent day, that I thought I may have passed thru a wormhole that led me back to Virginia Beach. On another recent day the temp was only 93 but the humidity was higher than usual and it felt as hot to me as 105 on a day when the humidity is in the single digit range. The humidity seems to magnify the heat.
I've always thought it was more accurate to say that the humidity magnifies the discomfort rather than the heat, but just my perspective there. It all seems to stop mattering after about 105 degrees anyway

Definitely agree with the rest, though. I like it nice and dry (my sinuses don't, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make), however I also love a good rain (when it rains.)

Old 07-24-2010, 05:48 PM

1,355 posts, read 3,661,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
I have felt the humidity since I moved here in May. This idea that the heat along the Front Range is dry is an outright lie. Denver may be less humid than Houston or New Orleans, but it is much more humid than Las Vegas or Phoenix.

Even on the day we got to 102 last week it was still too humid. There is nothing worse than the combination of the humidity and the nearby agricultural fields. The odor is embarrassing and unbearable!
No, saying that it is humid along the Front Range is an outright lie. You couldn't possibly be serious, to have humid conditions at a mile above sea level would be rare and minimal. Does Denver ever have a dew point above 70? I know above 60 is very rare even. Try the 77 dew point we reached last week, then you can say it's not a dry city. Seriously 90 percent of the country is more humid than the front range. Besides, if it were humid your low temperatures would be above 70, all Summer long.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:12 PM

12,809 posts, read 20,878,695 times
Humidity along the Front Range? What a laugh.

I just got back from Charlottesville Virginia and Louisville Kentucky and that's humid.

When you have to dry off twice after you get out of the shower, that's humid. You don't even feel the humidity much until the sun goes down anyway. Then... in the evening, it's muggy and hot... almost moreso than it was during the day.

In Colorado, you get 50s and even high 40s at night.

And winter time... let's not even go there.

Colorado is just like a dry dream when it comes to humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado