U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 04:29 PM

3 posts, read 24,413 times

Advertisements

Thank you to the couple of people that acknowledged my ranting...There are a lot of personal feelings and sometimes some peoples ugliness just goes too far...It is difficult to be a hero in our society...Always someone...But, if everyone reading these pages would just go to Bio Gems and simply pick an issue and type and send...I have found, if I just use words from JD's songs, the one's that apply to each issue, write them in along with a personal commentary ie, the insideous sucking of our Mothers resources for the almighty dollar, well, it is all there and you just hit "send" and your message is counted...If we all responded as a stand against the Big Corps. by simply using words from his songs,his voice, his heartfelt words, than his message will be heard, still...we can make the words in his songs even more powerful...He would love it...wherever he is flying above us and around us and in our hearts..: ) PEACE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 06:07 PM

3 posts, read 24,413 times
Well, here I am again, I am going into the hospital..again!! well, want to have all my things in order and the Planet.. sighs and I feel sometimes that the work of an Activist is never done and I worry so...There are some old Pine Trees still standing today in Colorado, because I decided one person can make a difference and so I stand in a place knowing everyone out there that may read this can participate in changing the world, protecting the world for our future children, and their children and so on...It is so easy...So, I can't go into my relationship with certain people but know it was ever so precious and if we simply stand in the words of Henry John we can continue with his journey...I am putting down a letter I wrote and sent to President Obama...It is about the oil corporations and beautiful Alaska...Have you been there? I know it is cold, yet standing on the Tundra can also warm your heart and you forget about the coldness and become enveloped in the magnificant beauty...It is a holy place...The Polar Bears are loosing their home...the people....are loosing their home, their way of life for centuries that go into the ancient times...If all goes well in my surgery in a few months I will be back there drinking in all the beauty and majesty that God has laid on a table and served us..trusted us with..So, here is the letter, I cut and pasted I used JD's words and used some of Bio Gems and some of mine from my heart..You can cut and past this, or go to you tube and listen to Whalebones and Crosses.it can put you in the mood! OMG what an experience visiting Point Hope was...I have Eskimo Ancestors and goodness I went back in time..Anyway here it is...visit Bio Gems...I want to lay in that hospital knowing there are little angels out there doing John Denvers work...PEACE
President Obama:
Alaska is like a child...still so innocent and untouched in so many regions...But that is changing, isn't it? There is a horrible disease out there that is slowly but surely sucking the life and the lives of our Beautiful Alaska..It is called GREED....You can participate in saving this precious land for the future...For our children, grand children and so on...Will they know what a Polar Bear is? Or will it simply be a picture in a book of what used to be..
I want to share with you a quote by a great protector, a Knight in boots and jeans, of Beautiful Alaska and though this Knight has left his physical body, his words like his spirit continue to live on: " Alaska is our last chance with the wilderness, let's not wait until it's too late...When the cry across the land will be BRING IT BACK...Let's keep it, nuture it, love it, let it be...It is the American Child"....John Denver
We must also protect the Arctic Ocean for the Inupiat, who have lived off the bounty of its waters for thousands of years, and for future generations who will continue to do so.
I urge you not to allow the oil industry to move forward with aggressive, risky plans to drill in these one-of-a-kind waters until important information is gathered and a plan is in place to clean up an oil spill in the Arctic's extreme conditions. There is too much at stake.
Again, I quote John..."How much more will we loose before we see that each loss reduces us as well"...Protect Alaska...Protect our Child...
Sincerely,
There it is folks, if just one of you does this, it is one more angel feather placed on the path he so lovingly left for us all.. Peace : )

Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,295 times
Did Annie Martell remarry? What are children as adultd doing?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,121 times
I read that John Denver's mother passed away just last year.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 AM

379 posts, read 682,510 times
Default John Denver's name

Is it a coincidence that his last name is Denver and that song 'Rocky Mountain High' is about Colorado? Did he change his name to Denver? (When I searced the forum I got results for Denver and John Denver).

Old 01-27-2012, 11:27 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,112,537 times
How about searching the internet? There are dozens of bios about John Denver. I found the following on Wikipedia: Henry John Deutschendorf, Jr. (December 31, 1943 – October 12, 1997), known professionally as John Denver, was an American singer/songwriter, activist, and humanitarian.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
How about searching the internet?
Now you're onto something. A new forum rule. No asking questions unless the internet has been searched first! Proof of search required.

Quote:
There are dozens of bios about John Denver.
Rather than take time to read the bio's, which I felt pretty sure whouldn't tell me if he changed his name for his love of Colorado, I thought someone in this forum might just know the answer!

Last edited by mash potato; 01-28-2012 at 07:06 PM..

Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,112,537 times
Well, you said you searched the forum and didn't find your answer, so I figured that searching the internet would be the next best thing. And you're absolutely right, searching the internet for answers to your own questions should be a forum rule. I agree totally.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:44 PM

601 posts, read 838,797 times
Quote:
Well, you said you searched the forum and didn't find your answer, so I figured that searching the internet would be the next best thing. And you're absolutely right, searching the internet for answers to your own questions should be a forum rule. I agree totally.

lmgtfy.com/
For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their stupid question rather than Google it for themselves.

Let Me Google That For You! - YouTube

Old 01-29-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
lmgtfy.com/For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their stupid question rather than Google it for themselves.
You can lead a poster to a website but you can't make them click! Also the term 'stupid' is relative and would apply to certain answers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado