U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 AM

486 posts, read 1,235,127 times

Advertisements

I thought some of you might be interested in this:

John Denver’s house in Aspen, Colorado | ~ House Crazy ~

All the info you need to know if you are a die-hard John Denver fan - including interior pics of his former Colorado home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,112,537 times
Thanks for sharing! Always loved John and his music.

I made it to the gatehouse of Starwood many years ago. What a gorgeous location!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:21 AM

9,816 posts, read 19,021,080 times
I used to go up into Starwood occasionally for work and what is nice up there is many of the houses are not the cookie cutter McMegaMansion type mountain homes. One hollywood stars house I have been to has similar architecture to an italian winery. I used to like to go up there in summer when it was green.

I might have even been to John Denver's old house, but I didn't know it was his. Nice to read the story of it. Too bad the kids had to sell the house thanks to the federal government.

Starwood you can't get into unless you are on a guest list and expected. It's all private property.

I think the crazy old Claudine Longet still lives up there.

Old 06-15-2013, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,893 times
You know i am always touched that after all this time, people still have interested in the family of john denver. Well his mother died in 2010 i believe, and as for the cassandra woman, well i do not know or care, she made a fool of him all over colorado as the words were written,

the beauty and the wonder of it all is john denver lives on in his music, his words, his hopes and in his love for all of us and in our world.

Windstar has gone, but john denver in spirit is with us, you can hear him in the breaking of the dawn, and on a starlight night, you can feel him when you make a stand for the the saving of a species, the conservation of the environment, and for the retention of the wilderness. Above all you know he is no longer a wandering soul he is home.

John denver was a dreamer and in a very special way, he made you believe that miracles can happen, and he was correct.

It is our mission to carry on where john left of and the biggest challenge we have is to help our young people world over to believe they truly are special and of greatest worth.they will save creation and the earth. They need that dream, we need to help them.

Old 08-03-2014, 12:24 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
Time moves on....an Aspen home once owned by John Denver is now listed for sale; bring $10.8M. More on John Denver and his home.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 977 times
Does anyone know where John Denver lived prior to moving to Aspen?

Old 08-04-2016, 08:04 AM

2,668 posts, read 1,669,907 times
In a van. He was a struggling musician for a lot of years in the late 60s-early 70s. His father was in the military, so he moved around a lot prior to steeping out on his own.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:00 AM

8,880 posts, read 15,634,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh797 View Post
Does anyone know where John Denver lived prior to moving to Aspen?
His first wife was from Minnsota, and I believe that they lived there from the time they were married until they moved to Aspen. But, yeah, between being an "Air Force Brat" as a youth and trying to get a career as a singer-songwriter off the ground as a young adult, he lived a pretty transient life up until that point.

Last edited by duster1979; 08-06-2016 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado