U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:16 AM

183 posts, read 846,292 times
Default John Denver, facts, wife, children, house

I was just watching a special on John Denver I cant believe it will be 10 years in October that he has been dead. I was wondering whatever happended to his 1st wife Annie and their two children? Are they still in the Aspen area? I know that his 2nd wife lives in California with their daughter Jesse Belle. Does anyone know???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 117,953 times
I was wondering if you ever come across any updates on john denver's 1st wife and kids?

Old 04-17-2007, 07:18 AM

5 posts, read 125,039 times
Default re JD's family

Anna Kate is married and lives in New Zealand with her husband who also attended Dartmouth College, in Hanover, New Hampshire. Zak is married and still lives in Colorado. Jesse will be 18 in May and lives in Malibu with her mother Cassandra Delaney. Annie lives in Aspen and is a counselor.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:45 AM

10 posts, read 142,518 times
Default John

I used to play Hockey with his older boy year's ago! Man how time goes by!

Old 04-17-2007, 11:01 AM

432 posts, read 1,841,704 times
I think it is so neat that "Rocky Mountain High" has been designated as Colorado's second state song. I met John one day when I was riding in a place where I used to live and that was being torn up by a timber contractor. Timber was not being harvested carefully as in the past. He was there looking at the mess with 1 of the sons of the man which had so carefully harvested before. I and my daughter were camping, they too were on horses, but joined us for supper in camp. He sang Rocky Mountain High there around the campfire, acapella, of coarse. So perfect. Real friendly, common sort of guy and we made sure we treated him just as a fellow rider. It was nice. Now of coarse I wish we had asked for an autograph but that would have ruined the wonderful comrodery we had. Oh by the way we had trout we had caught that day and a big salad. Some home canned peaches for dessert. Coffee off the campfire--It could not have been more perfect. That must have been more than 20 yrs ago but I remember as if it were yesterday. Just sat and talked and watched the deer and elk come down for water and listened to the night sounds and the horses chomping their hay. Good thing Frank had gotten his horse trailer and brought it up to where we were camped. They would have had a dark very late ride otherwise. Well maybe we could have loaned them a sleeping bag or two. Ya think? ;-)

Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 104,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4 View Post
I was just watching a special on John Denver I cant believe it will be 10 years in October that he has been dead. I was wondering whatever happended to his 1st wife Annie and their two children? Are they still in the Aspen area? I know that his 2nd wife lives in California with their daughter Jesse Belle. Does anyone know???
As Of 2009: Annie is a psychologist in Aspen, and is doing very well. Zach is married and a school teacher in Durango, Colorado, Anna Kate is running a Bed/Breakfast in New Zealand with her hubby (whom John met in early 1997). John's second wife, Cassandra, moved with Jesse Belle back to Australia in 2000 (I think) where she still sings in small bars. Jesse Belle is in college!

NOTE: 3 of Johns 5 trusts funds that he set up, each valued at about $7,000,000 (Zach, Anna Kate, Jesse Belle, Annie and his mother Erma) were completely wiped out in the Madoof case. Do not know which 3!!!!

Last edited by AltantaJeff; 05-22-2009 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: small change

Old 05-22-2009, 02:19 PM

7,876 posts, read 9,560,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I think it is so neat that "Rocky Mountain High" has been designated as Colorado's second state song. I met John one day when I was riding in a place where I used to live and that was being torn up by a timber contractor. Timber was not being harvested carefully as in the past. He was there looking at the mess with 1 of the sons of the man which had so carefully harvested before. I and my daughter were camping, they too were on horses, but joined us for supper in camp. He sang Rocky Mountain High there around the campfire, acapella, of coarse. So perfect. Real friendly, common sort of guy and we made sure we treated him just as a fellow rider. It was nice. Now of coarse I wish we had asked for an autograph but that would have ruined the wonderful comrodery we had. Oh by the way we had trout we had caught that day and a big salad. Some home canned peaches for dessert. Coffee off the campfire--It could not have been more perfect. That must have been more than 20 yrs ago but I remember as if it were yesterday. Just sat and talked and watched the deer and elk come down for water and listened to the night sounds and the horses chomping their hay. Good thing Frank had gotten his horse trailer and brought it up to where we were camped. They would have had a dark very late ride otherwise. Well maybe we could have loaned them a sleeping bag or two. Ya think? ;-)
Just like an early John Denver song.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 96,684 times
Default Annie Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4 View Post
I believe she does still live in Aspen, John's daughter was married a couple of summers ago to a guy that John Denver Knew before he died. I don't know what his son is doing tho

Old 09-01-2009, 11:33 PM

853 posts, read 1,048,097 times
Every one that loves his great efforts to make the mountains even better, has not hiked on the trails and and the beautiful meadow that he bought, fenced, tacked up private property signs on, so he could have his "Starwood in Aspen" Just another Imported Land rapist. (from someone born and raised in Aspen, and chased out financially by the John Denvers of the world.)

Old 09-26-2010, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 78,187 times
If it's true that three of John's trust funds were wiped out, to whom did they belong? Is John's mother still alive? Is Johns brother Ron still President of Starwood? I met him at a tree dedication cermony many years ago. He was very nice, kind of shy but talked and shook hands with everyone. John would have been proud of his little brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado