Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Trip to Colorado prompts questions concerning property taxes, Monument town address, property tax differences between Paso County and Douglas County, Denver employment

Old 06-26-2007, 06:34 PM

127 posts, read 434,124 times

Advertisements

Just got back from a good weekend trip in Colorado Springs/South of Denver that was both productive and fun. Even though it did top out around 100 it felt down right refreshing compared with the 112 degree highs and 80 degree lows that were having in Phoenix. I had a couple quick questions to ask and another one that we could not figure out.

1) Someone on the fourm before gave us the job search website through the Denver Post: Denver JOBS | Search Denver Jobs, Colorado Jobs, Employment - The Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News Career Classifieds. I know you can select the city but would this be the best website to utilize if my wife was looking for employment in Colorado Springs?

2) Property Taxes - In our search for land and homes, we were chatting with someone who mentioned the property tax differences between El Paso County and Douglas County with Douglas county being higher. We were concentrating one of our searches just north of the 105(Palmer Divide/County line Rd.) and slightly west of 83. The properties had a Larkspur address(most likely the southeastern portion of douglas county) roughly 2.5-5 acres with the homes having 3,000 to 3,300 square feet. Taxes were $2,500 to 3,000 per year. We pulled a flyer on a home in Bell Mountain Ranch in Castle Rock. Similar size home with almost 3 acres. Taxes showed $9,301.00 per year. Is that right or is there something special about the Bell Mountain Ranch area?

3) Final question - What is the official town address of anything just south of 105-Palmer divide road(El Paso County) and West of 83 to the I-25? We did not know if it is considered Monument. I noticed Northeast of 83 was still considered Larkspur - Zip code 80118.

Thank You everyone for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 07:11 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareFreeAZ View Post
3) Final question - What is the official town address of anything just south of 105-Palmer divide road(El Paso County) and West of 83 to the I-25? We did not know if it is considered Monument.
It is not Monument. I guess it is just considered unincorporated El Paso County. I live in this area. One of the big developments in the area is Kings Deer.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:00 AM

1,225 posts, read 4,921,563 times
Care Free AZ-
Quote:
We were concentrating one of our searches just north of the 105(Palmer Divide/County line Rd.) and slightly west of 83
105 and County Line Road are a few miles apart, with County Line being north of 105. South of County Line is in El Paso County and has 'Monument' for their address even though the area is in the county, not in Monument proper. Zip here is 80132. North of County Line is Douglas County and uses 'Larkspur' in their address. I guess that is the closest Postal service address.
If you have kids in school, you will have to be concerned about where they can attend. We met a couple that was selling their house that was on the north side of County Line. Their son was going to have to attend middle school in Castle Rock because there was no room for 'out-of-district' transfers in District 38 at that grade level.
I also have heard that the property taxes are higher in Douglas County. A friend lives in Castle Rock and complains about having to pay for the toll road and still gets charged for using it.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:08 PM

127 posts, read 434,124 times
Thank's to both Charles and vfrpilot for the response. I did forget that there were a couple of miles between county line road and 105.

vfrpiolt: Very interesting about your friend in Castle Rock. I guess you could expect taxes to only go up even more with all the new infrastructure going into Castle Rock and the proposed doubling of the population in 5 years or so. We were talking with a real estate person there and they did mention the difference in taxes between Douglas County and El Paso county. I just did not expect to see quite the big difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado