U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Status: "CSU Pueblo football is ranked 2nd in the nation!" (set 3 days ago)

10,082 posts, read 11,010,686 times
Default Colorado State Fair in Pueblo

The Colorado state Fair is Colorado's largest single event and has the most concerts out side of Denver and is in august. The State Fair parade is Colorado's largest parade and a must see if you like parades.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-30-2010 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: Copied to start a new thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:03 PM

162 posts, read 362,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I don't know the details except that they want the rodeo to be held at the thunderbowl. Also, keep in mind that Pueblo is home to the Colorado State Fair and they attract about 500,000 people and have 2 large parades so Pueblo is capable of handling major events.

Look here: http://www.pueblochamber.org/index.php?nShow=299
State Fair at one central location with paid parking, free shuttles, and alot free parking in around neighborhoods! Very unlikey to see a rodeo at Dutch Clark to The Thuderbowl, because top dollar thurf feild! Downtown cant handing Obama Rally this last November with parking, and can handing chili frest!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Talking State Fair kids parade turns 50 this year

Just to give everyone a idea of how big the state fair is in Pueblo the Chieftain is already running major articles about this years fair and its still over a month away. As the states largest event gets closer I will keep focusing on it so everyone knows how important this event is to Pueblo and the state of Colroado.

Today's article talks about the annual kids day parade that began in 1959. Many kids in Pueblo have grown up since then going to this parade every summer.

"The parade will be celebrating its 50th anniversary on Sept. 5 with plenty of events on tap for the occasion."

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/articles/20...6098566752.txt

Old 09-02-2009, 08:13 PM

Talking Colorado State Fair

The Pueblo flag greets everyone as they enter the fair!

This is just fun!

This is the Palace of Agriculture (Ag building) it is in the center of the fair grounds. This is one of my favorite buildings in the fair.

Another historic building at the fair!

I showed the inside of the buildings to give you guys a idea of just how big they are. The state fair has a few of them and I think they are not being used to their full potential. The city and state should work together to upgrade them and make them first class exhibit halls then they could work with the Pueblo Convention center and that would give Pueblo spaces for conventions that is only matched by Denver in the Rocky Mountain Region. That would boost Pueblo and the state of Colorado.

This is the grandstands at the fair. I am not sure when they were built but I know it was before the 1930's. Imagine what this would be like if they covered it and used it for conventions as well!

Another historic building that would be a great place for conventions.

Overall I believe that the state fair grounds would be a great place for conventions in the Rocky Mountain Region and something that Pueblo and the state of Colorado should focus on in the next 20 years.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:26 PM

8,035 posts, read 12,846,312 times
We were there last Saturday. The Natural Resources building was quite the let down this year, as was the Colorado Lottery sand sculpture. So the state and the DOW doesn't sponsor it anymore? Bummer. Pay more and get less. If the fair does lousy this year and goes away, I won't be surprised. Move it up to Fort Collins where those on the Front Range and Cheyenne can take advantage of it.

The rides seem lame this year and it's all tokens. You want ice cream or a chocolate shake? 4 tokens. They don't take cash. I'm getting too old for the rides anyway, but 3 tokens to go down a slide that you can do at city park for a quarter or McDonalds for free? Nice.

Instead of fireworks, we got a nice rain and lightning show.

Nice pics of the rodeo grounds. We used to go to concerts there. I like the Ag building too.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 AM

16 posts, read 31,771 times
Ahhhh the Colorado state fair. Man that takes me back. Great concerts (back in my day).
Went every year 78-82 (HS/college years there). My mother still sends me the newspaper clippings every year in the mail (she still hasn't grasped the fact that I can read the Chieftain on the 'net - but it's nice all the same).

They used to have a jingle - I don't know if they still use it, but it went something like,

"It's fun, it's different, it's the fair
It's the great Colorado State Fair.
Be a part, be the heart of the fair.."

Or something like that.
I strained my brain cells just remembering that much! HAHA.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Now the slogan is "Colorado State Fair - Bring it on" I am going to see Foreigner tonight! Should be fun...

Because of the fair Pueblo still has the most concerts outside of the Denver area and as this region grows I only see the lineup getting better.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Talking Colorado State Fair

Welcome to the fair!

The midway!

The concert last night!

Old 05-15-2010, 01:44 PM

Exclamation Racino plan would add Fairgrounds

I have been following this story as I think it would be a good idea for the state fair. I know its a long shot but I hope they pass it.

This is from the Chieftain:

A state proposal to expand gambling options in Colorado to fund higher education that was trotted out earlier this week is galloping ahead. What started as a plan to introduce a new keno lottery game on video terminals has expanded to include a proposed "racino" at the Colorado State Fairgrounds in Pueblo.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/news/local/...cc4c03286.html

Old 07-30-2010, 09:19 PM

17,109 posts, read 23,426,130 times
The state fair in Pueblo is many times the size of the El Paso County Fair, and a lot of fun. The year I went (2005) there were hundreds each of chickens, rabbits, goats, sheep, cattle and building after building of pies, cakes, costumes, canned vegetables, quilts, etc. Many outdoor displays of old and new farm tractors. Fresh produce to buy, a midway with rides. Quite a few evening shows with name acts most of us would recognize. I'll post a few of my 115 pix. All of the pix are at this link.

- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-30-2010 at 08:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado