Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 AM

3 posts, read 9,657 times

Advertisements

Can you recommend an affordable town to live in near Broomfield? Looking to spend $200K-$250K on a house for family of 5. Family-friendly would be a plus. Which towns to stay away from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 07:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Your price range is a little low, but you could probably find what you're looking for right in Broomfield.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:41 PM

136 posts, read 741,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsnooty View Post
Can you recommend an affordable town to live in near Broomfield? Looking to spend $200K-$250K on a house for family of 5. Family-friendly would be a plus. Which towns to stay away from?
I am thinking to move to Broomfield from Bay area quite a while, but it is so difficult to make the decision. Just curious how did you make your final decision?

By the way, I have visited CO many times. Broomfield is a very nice place from my view. It is quite different from the Bay area, however. You may need time to adjust.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:01 PM

60 posts, read 240,435 times
Your price range is a bit low like Pittnurse says. My advice: stay away from Thornton, Northglenn and parts of Westminster. Oh, and get yourself a GOOD realtor who knows the NW suburbs.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Another thing about Broomfield: It is a family-friendly town. There are lots of families living there. My daughters did high school gymnastics at Broomfield High, we had a kid on that team for 7 yrs so I got to know the community even though I don't live there. If I weren't happy here in Louiville, I'd live there. You might try Louisville and/or Lafayette; Lafayette is more likely to have homes in your price range. We were lucky; we bought our house at the depths of a housing recession, or we wouldn't be living here.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 PM

8 posts, read 80,809 times
It's a buyers market right now, so you may be able to find something decent in Broomfield. If not, try Thornton north of 120th Ave.

Last edited by mdz; 06-29-2007 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: can't link there, sorry

Old 06-29-2007, 07:04 PM

3 posts, read 13,494 times
Can You Nice People Tell Me How Is Denver Colorado To Raise My Family, I Was There For Two Weeks And I Liked It, But I Got A Friend From Los Angeles Now Living In Commerce City, He Told Me Last Night That He Is Considering To Comeback To Cali, Because In Denver Colorado There Is Discrimination Against Hispanics, Jobs Are Not Really Good,. He Actually Works As A Teacher, But He Has A Lot Of Problems With The Student Parents, Because He Is Hispanic, In California We Practice Tolerance, Because Color Does Not Mean Anything We All Are God Creatures. Could You Please Tell Me If Colorado Is A Racist Place To Live. If It Is A Rather Invest My Money Here In California.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 AM

14 posts, read 44,531 times
I agree with the others that $250K is pushing it to accomodate 5 people. If you're rather handy though, you might be able to find something that needs a little work in Broomfield, Westminster, Northglenn, Thornton, etc. for roughly that price. I live in the Willow Run neighborhood and I could probably get around $290 for my house (3000 square feet). However I saw a house (a while back) about 5 minutes north of me which was around 2700 square feet for $250 (the basement was finished) - but it definitely needed some serious sugar-coating, it was liveable but pretty ugly - the kitchen and bathrooms definitely hadn't been updated for quite a while. (Just to give you a rough idea.)

As far as family friendly there are many activities in Broomfield for families. The library alone has tons o' events this summer. The Flatiron Mall is in Broomfield as well. There is a hiking/biking trail (Dry Creek) that runs throughout Broomfield and Westminster.

The surrounding areas also have plenty to do. Plus you're just outside of Boulder which has a lot of outdoor activities like hiking and biking trails. You're also about 20 min. from downtown Denver if you like professional sports you can take in a Rockies or Broncos game. And you also have the crucial things like Costco, Target, WalMart, DSW, Barnes & Noble and so on all within easy reach in these areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado