U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:57 PM

85,025 posts, read 98,908,697 times

Advertisements

Happy Fourth of July to all of you at city-data. Enjoy the fireworks wherever you are!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 12:00 PM

431 posts, read 2,502,286 times
Same to you and all. Celebrate our country and those that made and keep us free. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!wherever they may be.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 PM

85,025 posts, read 98,908,697 times
Thanks, Nadine. It is a special day for our family b/c it is my daghter's birthday as well. I never complained again about having to work a holiday! There were lots of nurses and doctors working that day for me (and my DD).

Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 AM

1,048 posts, read 3,924,338 times
Thank you, to you as well. I just came back from a 3 day road trip/camping/hiking in Estes {ark/RM National Park and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.

Old 07-06-2007, 08:46 AM

We had a very nice 4th. Had BBQ, did some fireworks for the Gkids, ages 9 &4. Watch the towns fireworks shot off the Skyline Drive. Wasn't good for animals in our close area tho. Why do people not think or care? There are some small pastures still in our area, with horses, beef cattle, couple milk cows, goats etc. We are zoned ag. People were shooting illegal fireworks into those pastures. When we got home at 10:00, my poor horse was standing in the barn a sweating shaking mess. Never had this bad a problem before, always had a least a horse for 40 yrs. Never had people shooting into the pastures where animals were. It is hard enough for them with just the noise. There were so many illegal stuff going on that the law enforcement could not do anything. We did go to one house and talked to them nicely, ask them if they realized what they were doing to the animals and ask them to please not shoot into the pasture. Sorry to say these are new people and we got told to mind out own business, then they shot off gobs one after another so it went bang bang bang for a long period of time. So we picked up some remnants of the rockets in the pasture, left some and turned them in. I didn't want to do that. I don't want to fight with neighbors. But what do you do? Sheriffs office came out yesterday looked at the pastures, and said they were going to their house. ----Please don't get me wrong. Just because these people were from out of state and terribly rude and hateful. Does not mean I think all people from out of state are,(will not say which). I mentioned they were more as an example of why, sometimes we just make snap judgements when we shouldn't. Only takes one to ruin things for others. Just found out they had been turned in by no less than 8 different people and a couple horses and a mini donkey were hurt, Mine is fine. Why? Why do things like this?

Old 07-06-2007, 11:21 AM

13,701 posts, read 21,521,660 times
Well statistically, a lot of your psychopaths and sex-offenders like to abuse defenseless animals. Sometimes, kids are kind of insensitive to animals, but as they grow up, their conscience strengthens and they "grow out of it". If you're of legal age and still doing that, good luck to you.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Well statistically, a lot of your psychopaths and sex-offenders like to abuse defenseless animals. Sometimes, kids are kind of insensitive to animals, but as they grow up, their conscience strengthens and they "grow out of it". If you're of legal age and still doing that, good luck to you.
That does not make it right nor an excuse to allow. You are speaking of kids, raised in cities and not much contact with animals other than maybe a cat or dog. It is still the parents job to try to teach differently. But these were adults with children standing right there when they were doing their telling us off. Same I understand with the other people that went to the home and tried to talk to them.
Farm and Ranch kids are very sensitive to animals. It is very hard on them to except that many animals are butchered for food. As they grow older they do manage to toughen up as my Dad called it. Of coarse there are exceptions to the rule and psychopaths and sex-offenders can be raised anywhere, I guess. I got a feeling we have some bad apples that have moved in close. Hope they don't proceed to try to get even with all of us neighbors. That could be bad, the way things seem to go nowdays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or