Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:31 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,942,727 times

Advertisements

I really love Colorado (beauty, weather, etc.) and want to move there, but I learn there are very few Asian people there. There are too many Colorado cities with at least 90% white. I would be scared. I am Chinese, and I like to know which Colorado cities have the most Asian people, or are the most Asian-people friendly.

How is the interracial communication between White and Asian overall in Colorado?

Any help given will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 01:37 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
I don't know that there is a significant Asian population anywhere in CO. That said I've never heard any overt racism toward Asians since I moved here, although I have heard some toward Blacks and Hispanics.

Fort Collins has a smattering but from talking to a few it seems many are students or grad students/TAs maybe.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:49 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
I see Asians on a regular basis all over the Westside of Denver. It is no Sunnyvale or Fremont, CA so don't expect to walk into Borders and see nothing but Asian kids.

There are interracial couples of every combination in and around Denver, I would say people here are very tolerant or just don't care as along as you are friendly.

If you are looking for towns with majority Asians then you'd be better off in California.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:29 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,942,727 times
Westminster, CO has 5.48% Asian, most I found, according to Wikipedia. That's fair enough for me and I will feel comfortable. Can anyone confirm (visited) if you do indeed see more Asian people in Westminster than others?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:43 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Westminster, CO has 5.48% Asian, most I found, according to Wikipedia. That's fair enough for me and I will feel comfortable. Can anyone confirm (visited) if you do indeed see more Asian people in Westminster than others?
Pretty much the entire Federal Blvd corridor from Westminster down to SW Denver has a notable Vietnamese population.

There's a noticeable Korean population in SW Aurora (Parker Rd, Havana, etc).

I honestly don't think you'd have a problem anywhere in CO.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:29 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
I like to know which Colorado cities have the most Asian people
Aurora, by far.

Aurora, CO / Iliff Ave -- PHOTO TOUR
Parker Rd/ Leetsdale Dr -- PHOTO TOUR

Quote:
How is the interracial communication between White and Asian overall in Colorado?
Pretty good.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:18 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,115 times
Vegas is right -- Aurora is likely your best for a demographic Asian cluster in the Metro Area. The South Federal Vietnamese cluster makes for great shopping and restaurants, but it's a bit of dodgy area (not because of the Vietnamese, probably).

Where you need to look is anywhere within the Cherry Creek School District in Aurora. Why there? Most Asians that I know made a bee-line to Aurora because they wanted the Cherry Creek School District and a relatively easy commute to their DTC jobs. The more expensive parts of the Cherry Creek School District to the west are a bit out of the price range of most, so that's why many Asians settle on Aurora, where housing is affordable.

Of course, like anyone, a lot of this depends on your job situation. If you're working up north or in Boulder, then you need to look up that way because Aurora will not be commutable to jobs up there. Westminster would be a good choice in that case.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,627,477 times
I have noticed quite a few more Asians in Boulder than anywhere else in this state. I live in Fort Collins and I maybe have seen 10 Asians in the five months I've lived here.

I think that it is somewhat of a positive that you do not see racial segregation that much in this state. Sure, there are tons and tons of whites here, but Hispanics, blacks, and Asians are pretty much integrated into communities here.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
I have noticed quite a few more Asians in Boulder than anywhere else in this state. I live in Fort Collins and I maybe have seen 10 Asians in the five months I've lived here.

I think that it is somewhat of a positive that you do not see racial segregation that much in this state. Sure, there are tons and tons of whites here, but Hispanics, blacks, and Asians are pretty much integrated into communities here.
One of the things I love about Colorado so far...very balanced. I hate to say it: but it is Cali-lite, done right. Please don't hurt me for saying that lol.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:46 AM

130 posts, read 386,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
One of the things I love about Colorado so far...very balanced. I hate to say it: but it is Cali-lite, done right.
I Understand. I moved to Vegas from Southern Cali and I had no idea so many people live here from Cali. I'm ready to leave for that reason alone!!To the OP, if you are that concerned about having a flock of Asians, by all means, stay in California or move to Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado