U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 07:08 PM

22,710 posts, read 41,581,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Time to build a few nuclear plants..
Amen to that. I've been all for more nuke plants for a long time.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 07:28 PM

7,778 posts, read 17,464,936 times
motoracer51 wrote: Time to build a few nuclear plants..

The first one in your back yard, and the second one in Mikes backyard.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
motoracer51 wrote: Time to build a few nuclear plants..

The first one in your back yard, and the second one in Mikes backyard.
Okay. It'll put that rosy glow back into my chubby little cheeks.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 PM

31 posts, read 22,527 times
Fracking is the future

Old 05-30-2014, 09:17 PM

1,930 posts, read 1,314,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
[color="DarkOliveGreen"]Briefly, hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, is a technique of oil and gas extraction first developed in the 1940s—but until recently unnecessary and uneconomical—that can access fossil fuel deposits otherwise unreachable by conventional means.

Thanks.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:37 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,317,200 times
Wink Collbran, CO landslide and fracking?

There has been mention—by me—of the possibility of fracking being involved with the landslide and subsequent disaster near Collbran, CO. That on another thread having specifically to do with this landslide.

It is otherwise not mentioned here as no proof at this point that fracking had anything to do with this landslide. If possibly so. Speculation, certain proofs, and a video presenting same can be had from Post #16 of that thread, here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/color...l#post35049027

Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 PM

8,665 posts, read 4,827,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idunn View Post
There has been mention—by me—of the possibility of fracking being involved with the landslide and subsequent disaster near Collbran, CO. That on another thread having specifically to do with this landslide.

It is otherwise not mentioned here as no proof at this point that fracking had anything to do with this landslide. If possibly so. Speculation, certain proofs, and a video presenting same can be had from Post #16 of that thread, here:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/color...l#post35049027

Old 06-11-2014, 02:57 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,317,200 times
Wink Oil end run around voters

You may have heard that some of our politicians, led by Governor Hickenlooper, have come up with a 'compromise' solution in regard fracking, one that bestows certain safeguards and benefits to Coloradoans so concerned.

Fine as far as it goes. But what this—and the vast amount of oil industry advertising one may have noticed on television and elsewhere—is principally aimed at is doing an end run around and preventing serious voter initiatives come November.

Moreover, and especially, for any benefits of this deal all are in effect superseded by one huge, and quite purposeful (if little advertised) negative. Being that this legislation would prevent communities from outright banning fracking in their neighborhoods. Some ability to regulate same, yes, but then no way to keep it out if so desiring. This in direct contravention of the expressed wishes, and votes, of the citizens of such as Broomfield, Longmont, Fort Collins, etc.

Some further information on this can be had here:

https://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/pr...l-of-fracking/

Old 06-11-2014, 03:29 PM

5,667 posts, read 5,059,689 times
^^^

I heard a recent interview with our beloved governor on Colorado Public Radio, and he said he was going to do his best to keep voter initiatives off the ballot in November, and that everybody should just go back home to their farm or ranch because everything was going to be just fine. Fine for the energy outfits, I guess; not quite so fine for the rest of us.

*goes back home to the alfalfa fields to sulk*

Old 06-11-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
^^^

I heard a recent interview with our beloved governor on Colorado Public Radio, and he said he was going to do his best to keep voter initiatives off the ballot in November, and that everybody should just go back home to their farm or ranch because everything was going to be just fine. Fine for the energy outfits, I guess; not quite so fine for the rest of us.

*goes back home to the alfalfa fields to sulk*
not really any different than George Bush telling us to go about our lives and go shopping, after 9-11.

voter referendums iare usually ill-advised and little more than mob rule, for example, if we put items on the ballot in some states to bring back the jim crow laws I'm sure a few states would pass them, i.e., tyranny of the majority regardless of constitutionality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or