Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 02:21 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,721 times

Advertisements

Supposed to snow Monday, the day I move from one house to another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 06:40 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I've done that before, it's not that bad.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:48 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times
Quote:
Reminds me of when I had to move on a bitter cold subzero Christmas Day in about 3 1/2 feet of snow many years ago. I working six and seven day weeks then, and Christmas was my only day off for about a month. Not one of those favorite things, but what one sometimes has to do when one is trying to make a living in rural Colorado.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:03 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Looking at it from the bright side, snow makes it easier to slide heavy stuff over the sidewalk AND it'll look like Santa making early deliveries.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:42 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Or not. The other feature of the Colorado climate is that, due to its interior location, snowfall and temperatures are highly variable from year to year. Some winters see lots of snow, some almost none. My bet, based on the La Niña activity this year, is for a drier than normal winter over most of the state. That does not necessarily mean warm--some dry winters can have quite brutal cold, too.
Jazzlover is right. It was close to a year ago that Grand Junction got socked with a snow storm that ranged from seven inches to a foot that stayed on the ground for two and a half months.

Now? Mild temperatures, quite mild. Temperatures above normal, and through this weekend should be hitting 50 degrees.

As Chuck Berry noted in one of his songs "It goes to show you never can tell!"

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
HH.....Thanks for the memories.

Today (12-8 ) IS the one year anniversary of the big snowfall in Grand Junction. What a difference a year makes! On this day a year ago, the first of 4 consecutive below zero morning lows ( -2 on the 8th, -10 on the 9th, -16 on the 10th, and -12 on the 11th ) was recorded. Those were the official lows. Many people in the valley reported -20s in their locations. The bananas in this so-called banana belt were not too pleased.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,898 times
I am going to do the Snow dance.. I want it to SNOW!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:21 AM

345 posts, read 913,735 times
All of you new to Colorado people can have all my snow when it comes I'll box it up and send it to your backyard, lol.
You can for sure have my March heavy wet nasty snow that breaks down tree limbs and knocks the power out. I dread March snow.

You do not want snow, stop trying to jinx us, we want rain...rain.......rain, not snow! lol
We had Fall weather for a change which was nice and I hope we do not pay for it later by being dumped on, snow drifts and the winds are the worst. Half a foot of snow in good winds can and do turn into 6 foot drifts, which just happen to go across the driveway! Just luck I guess

Go to the mountains and see the snow but don't bring any back with you lol.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:16 PM

121 posts, read 313,936 times
I get calls from people back home asking if we are SNOWED in (I live on the Border of Broomfield and Westminster) almost DAILY? I have to admit when the news would show Colorado weather it was always snowing and everything was white. I have to explain to everyone calling me that I'm not in my house with no where to go and it hasn't actually snowed in weeks :-) I wont do the snow dance but I will be happy that Denver so far as brought different weather EVERY day since we lived here and I love that. What I dread is that March snow everyone keeps tallking about pwaaaaaaaa!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:40 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,261 times
well if it makes you feel better it is about 70 degrees right now in LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado