U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2006, 01:32 PM

88 posts, read 400,613 times

Advertisements

I have visited Co for the past 12 years and have fallen in love with it and want to relocate to Parker Co. My inlaws have a little horse ranch near Parker and even though life is good where I am in California I feel like I am missing more to life than what is possible here. Help me out I have a good job that pays a ton of money, a nice home in the best part of the Bay Area and all the toys and activities my family can use. Why do I have such a strong desire to give it up and relax in Colorado? Oh and I am still a young 36.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2006, 05:35 PM

119 posts, read 629,943 times
because you know there's more out there. And you're ready for a change to spice up your life a little. I'm in a similar boat coming from the east coast. I seem to have everything I could want here. I am settled with my life, have a nice home and family here but I feel like if I don't go move to Colorado I'll always be wondering what life would be like out there. I've visited over the last 10 years and am still a young 35 next week! They're calling us!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:10 PM

35 posts, read 179,605 times
I say follow your heart! Maybe you can rent out your home for a year, just "in case" you have a change of mind and want to return to the Bay area. You will still have your home! Good luck!

Old 08-18-2006, 11:58 PM

827 posts, read 4,540,806 times
Almost Heaven, you are probably drawn to the laid-back lifestyle and quality of life people have in Colorado. A good idea, like someone mentioned, is to rent your house. How about taking a vacation and seeing if you can get a job in the town you are looking for and if you get one, great! What about buying a summer cabin in the place you want to live and when the urge strikes, go! I know a doctor who wants to live in Durango, when he is older. He bought some property there, with no house, and he goes there every summer. He has a travel trailer to park it on his place. So you can dream but still have your job until you retire. Some ideas to throw your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or