U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2010, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 5,573 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a 28yr old single male moving to Pueblo from Houston, Tx. I will be working at a chemical company out near the airport on Hwy 50. I start the job on January 10th and it is now December 15. I visited Pueblo for about 24 hours earlier this month for the interview. I didn't have a lot of time looking around the neighborhoods to see which one was best. I will be looking to rent an apartment or a duplex. So far the rent prices in Pueblo seem really low compared to Houston. What scares me is that I would find what seams like a great deal on a place and it end up in an undesirable area of town.

So far from researching it seems like Belmont is the area with some of the highest income brackets and real estate prices. I looked at some duplex listings that would be well in my rent range. Is that a good place. How is the downtown area for crime? I wouldn't mind living closer to where any nightlife action would be happening.

This is pretty much a cry for help and guidance if anyone hears me. Josseppie???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 07:17 PM

12,174 posts, read 20,957,421 times
First off congratulations on your new job in Pueblo.

As far as where to rent. Belmont is nice but not the best part of town. If I was going to rent a apartment there are 3 places I would look.

1) North Side by Eagleridge.
2) In a area called Park West located by Highway 50 and Pueblo Blvd.
3) downtown in one of the lofts or apartments in the historic area.

Another place is off of Aberindo on the south side of town. I can't think of the name of it but my friend liked living there. It across from Dutch Clark Stadium.

There are more apartments that are nice but since I have never rented in Pueblo I am just going by what I see as I drive around town and since I am a urbanest I love the downtown area.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask or message me. Tomorrow I can go out and get the names of the two places I know.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:24 PM

168 posts, read 332,890 times
Pueblo needs to hire you, Josseppie, you are their best ambassador - you do the job better than those who are getting paid to LOL......

Old 12-16-2010, 04:30 AM

14,498 posts, read 22,341,939 times
I would agree with the Eagleridge area... Aberdeen is near that Dutch Clark area... but further west I think... like near PCC??

I would consider also the south end of town like near El Camino and that Regency area.

Joss and I are trying to get you away from the east side as you can see. As big as Houston is, driving from the south or north side of Pueblo to near the Pueblo Airport is no big deal. I drive from the west end of Pueblo West to my work near Blende in about 22 minutes flat. I used to have to drive to Colorado City every morning. That was 90 miles a day just to and from work, but I miss the drive. I also miss working in the same building as my mom and dad. But absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Now as far as nightlife... what do you expect from Pueblo? Seriously?

Old 12-16-2010, 04:06 PM

3 posts, read 5,573 times
Yeah not expecting too much in the nightlife area. I am mostly a pub or hole in the wall type place type of guy.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:36 PM

12,174 posts, read 20,957,421 times
Pueblo has a lot of pubs hole in the wall places. One thing you have to try is the Slopper as its Pueblo's signature dish.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 AM

10,627 posts, read 11,021,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-moving View Post
Yeah not expecting too much in the nightlife area. I am mostly a pub or hole in the wall type place type of guy.
Good thing, if you're moving to Pueblo. (No offense, Joss!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or