U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:02 PM

226 posts, read 1,247,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
we have a lease to own option on our home already with no luck.... not our first choice but we definatly put it out there
You may want to check with your mortgage broker and/or a real estate attorney before accepting a lease. Depending on your financial situation some banks may not approve your loan to purchase another property while you still owe money on your house in Colorado. Additionally the existing bank may require you to switch this property from being listed as your primary residence to an investment property with a higher rate. Good Luck I hope your house sells soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 06:52 PM

11 posts, read 40,020 times
Ok -- we are looking for a house and so many of you seem to be selling yours with no buyers. We are looking for a 5 bd house with over 4000 sq feet total in FORT COLLINS. There a few things we are looking for -- like a mountain view of some kind and near the schools we like so far (Rocky Mtn, Webber, McGraw). Anyone out there have something like that which is not already listed? We are coming in April and we do have a realtor out there already. Just curious.

D.S.E.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:13 AM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
Default Foreclosures

All 3 of the postings about foreclosures that appeared here have been moved to a thread on that topic, go to:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/color...-possible.html

Take all discussions of foreclosures to the link shown above.

Thank you.

Mike from back east

Old 01-20-2007, 01:16 PM

30 posts, read 176,788 times
We are thinking of moving to northern co and want to know if most of you selling are moving out of state? If so, why? We just want some feedback on the negatives. Thanks for any info.

Old 01-20-2007, 05:09 PM

99 posts, read 295,595 times
Default Buying and Selling

We are trying to find a house to move in to before selling our home in Highlands Ranch. Homes in our area seem to sell pretty fast and we want to know where we are going first. My question to everyone is if there are some of you who are thinking of selling and waiting until spring. It doesn't seem like many new homes are coming on the market. I have been watching many areas such in Douglas County, Ken Caryl, Arapahoe, etc.

If anyone knows of anyone who is considering selling a house in the Cherry Creek High District, please let me know. We are open enrolled in the district and our first choice would be to move into the district.

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Cin

72 posts, read 274,292 times
debi,just want to give you advance warning...EVERYONE wants views...few get that in Fort Collins. Houses are close together mostly and are 2 story so not so many views and you do need more than 400,000 typically for the great lots...I do want to say one of the positives though is that almost everywhere you drive to get somewhere in town has beautiful views and most nieghborhoods have some very nice views...so try to look at it like you will be able to find a nice neighborhood where when you take walks you will enjoy the views around you....but hey you may get lucky and end up w/them from your yard also. You will probobly need to expand your horizons w/your neighborhood choices also. Best of luck...I am in the boat and wanting all that too! Cin

Old 01-23-2007, 11:19 AM

955 posts, read 3,258,131 times
well we moved out of state to be closer to family...that is really the only reason... just wanted our daughter to grow up knowing grandmas and grandpas better

As far as renting and not being approved for another mortgage - as much as it sucks we would not be buying or building until our home in Denver is sold free and clear - even if we could be approved for a new loan -I'm just chicken

Well we have a pretty good offer on the table that we are taking... everyone please think good thoughts that it will fall into place - it is a rent to own for a year with purchase at full asking price

A year and half after starting our house selling adventure, I hope this is all done with Positive thoughts our way please HURRAY!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:05 PM

226 posts, read 1,247,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
Well we have a pretty good offer on the table that we are taking... everyone please think good thoughts that it will fall into place - it is a rent to own for a year with purchase at full asking price
Congratulations on your offer, that is great news. Most real estate agents are going to have trouble drafting a contract that fully protects you in this type of purchase agreement. This is one situation that I would HIGHLY recommend that you hire a real estate attorney to draft the contract. The money you spend on legal fees will be well worth the peace of mind and the lack of headaches if something goes wrong. Congratulations once again.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 PM

10,678 posts, read 28,495,910 times
also demand proff that the renter has paid for and has in place a contents (renter's) insurance policy.

You call your insurance guy once they have that coverage and they will rewrite your policy (and hopefully reduce your premium.)

Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 PM

27 posts, read 102,015 times
BSW, I'm glad things are working out and you are happy with the results. I am thinking happy thoughts for you. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado